Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

Great trade for both teams. The Pats don't pay their WR. So, they were going to lose Cook next year. The Rams weren't getting a WR better than Cooks with that pick. So, I think this will be a win win.

This set's the OBJ market though. OBJ > Cooks. So, those the Giants weren't crazy to start the bidding at 2 1st.

They better start giving out contract extensions... seems like Snead doesn’t like to pay his players and it bites him in the booty. Aaron Donald, Joyner, suh and cooks freeagents next year. I can see them all holding out and seeing what they get in freeagency. We all know Donald is getting tagged that means those other players are hitting the market. But atleast rams will get comp picks. No way they get Peters, Gurley, cooks, Donald, Joyner all locked up. They’re gonna be depleted somewhere and I think it’s going to be at the ends and oline. I can see trading all these picks away bitting them in the long haul. Draft picks helps salary. Rams should take a note out of the eagles book and learn from roseman after he built the dream team. Impatient backfires. Basically paying a 1st and 2nd for a number one wr for two years. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

The window of not having a QB making $30+ million is closing.

True but they could have had a good player at #23 on a cheap 5 year contract.  I just don't agree with disregarding the future to go all out for a couple years.

Brandin Cooks is on the last year of his deal.

Sure, so was Beckham, but Beckham is also a HOF-level WR.  Rams traded a first round pick for a player they may not end up re-signing.  There is no reason to believe Cooks will be cheap either, especially when you take into account the attitude he had with the Saints.

I'm hesitant to call this a terrible trade simply because Cooks is a very good WR and fits the scheme, but it isn't a good trade either.  

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Great trade for both teams. The Pats don't pay their WR. So, they were going to lose Cook next year. The Rams weren't getting a WR better than Cooks with that pick. So, I think this will be a win win.

This set's the OBJ market though. OBJ > Cooks. So, those the Giants weren't crazy to start the bidding at 2 1st.

The thing is all the other teams have no rush to trade for him while Giants might have some urgency to do so. I bet if he gets traded will be the same value Pat's just got.

10 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I think its safe to say that Cooks is a much safer pickup. Better player and more able to stay healthy. 

Agreed. The flip side is they likely will have to pay him more than KC did for Watkins.  

Archived