Chris Russell (on Junkies): Snyder "very frustrated with leadership of the org"

Woz

31 minutes ago, Woz said:

See, he can't. He's trapped by his employee. It's the power dynamic: a billionaire owner has no control over an employee he hired for a job. NONE. All he can do is look from afar and hope for the best. You and I have more power than Dan Snyder here.

giphy.gif 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

See, he can't. He's trapped by his employee. It's the power dynamic: a billionaire owner has no control over an employee he hired for a job. NONE. All he can do is look from afar and hope for the best. You and I have more power than Dan Snyder here.

I think @Woz hit the nail on the head.

Draw an analogy however you want. 

Snyder has moved so far out on the tree limb that if he moves, he gets killed (metaphorically)

Or 

Snyder is riding the tiger. And fears that if he dismounts, it will eat him (again, metaphorically)

This is... odd.

"A lot of the anger is from the McCloughan hiring," Russell said. "A lot of it is from bypassing Wade Phillips, not once, but twice. Letting other competent executives out the door. Not winning enough, of course, is the biggest thing."

"Absolutely," Russell said. "Also what I was told was Snyder never said, 'Go and hire McCloughan.' Snyder said, 'Go and get yourself a football man.' McCloughan was hired by Bruce because Snyder and A.J. Smith, who was there at the time, didn't see eye to eye over Griffin. As a matter of fact, A.J. hated Griffin. Snyder of course beloved Griffin. And, basically that meant A.J. was not staying.

"So they bypassed A.J. Smith, the former Charger general manager, went to McCloughan -- a guy who Bruce admitted, 'I've never worked with him. I don't know the guy. I know his dad, I know his brother, but I don't know the guy.' We all know the backstory to that. And then, from what I understand, it was a disaster from four or five months in, if it even took that long. Ultimately, Dan wanted to get him fired long before he ultimately did. Bruce tried to repair it, hold on, fix it, couldn't, and then that's what led to the hasty firing."

https://thefandc.radio.com/why-dan-snyder-is-so-furious-with-bruce-allen

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Sarcasm aside, I dont think Snyder could find someone to replace Allen that would be worth the effort of hiring them.

The sad thing about this is we could have really tried hard this year to get Dorsey!!!! A really good football mind who has brought in a lot of highly regarded people into his scouting dept. I think the best thing for this team to do is find a young up and coming football mind to lead this program. Someone hungry and someone who has a true vision as to how to give a coaching staff the players he needs!!

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The sad thing about this is we could have really tried hard this year to get Dorsey!!!! A really good football mind who has brought in a lot of highly regarded people into his scouting dept. I think the best thing for this team to do is find a young up and coming football mind to lead this program. Someone hungry and someone who has a true vision as to how to give a coaching staff the players he needs!!

And you trust them to do this? Snyder has had Cerrato, and Allen. The only guy brought in was shown the door quicker than he could actually sit down at a desk. 

I agree, someone that is fresh. Hell, I would take the old Browns GM. He set that team up with multiple picks and talent across the board. He made Dorsey's job easy for the next few seasons. 

23 minutes ago, mike23md said:

And you trust them to do this? Snyder has had Cerrato, and Allen. The only guy brought in was shown the door quicker than he could actually sit down at a desk. 

I agree, someone that is fresh. Hell, I would take the old Browns GM. He set that team up with multiple picks and talent across the board. He made Dorsey's job easy for the next few seasons. 

We used to have Brown here before he went to Cleveland. But I trust Snyder to do the opposite of right and not because he doesn’t care but I think he genuinely thought bringing in George Allens son would be a step in the right direction. I like Doug Williams here in some capacity but we need a true football mind somewhere. NE couldn’t block us from trying to interview a good young scout to be a GM but I think even more so   Inclined to get someone out of Seattle’s Scouting dept. I don’t think Campbell is bad I just don’t think he is a good GM candidate. We need someone fresh from outside who has earned their credentials

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We used to have Brown here before he went to Cleveland. But I trust Snyder to do the opposite of right and not because he doesn’t care but I think he genuinely thought bringing in George Allens son would be a step in the right direction. I like Doug Williams here in some capacity but we need a true football mind somewhere. NE couldn’t block us from trying to interview a good young scout to be a GM but I think even more so   Inclined to get someone out of Seattle’s Scouting dept. I don’t think Campbell is bad I just don’t think he is a good GM candidate. We need someone fresh from outside who has earned their credentials

Frankly, I would love someone out of the Steelers camp, Packers camp, or someone from Tom Coughlin lineage. 

31 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Frankly, I would love someone out of the Steelers camp, Packers camp, or someone from Tom Coughlin lineage. 

I thought about the Steelers and I agree. I just want some form of competence and someone who can actually tolerate Dan enough to get dan to see his side to get dans graces and left alone to actually do his job

On 4/5/2018 at 11:00 AM, ripsean21 said:

Sashi Brown never worked here that I can recall...you're thinking of Morocco

Archived