Trevor Davis arrested for bomb joke at airport

AlexGreen#20

1. I don't think the Packers were counting on this idiot to be a starter. Allison and Clark seemed to be ahead of him the last few games on depth chart.

2. Is he really that dumb to do something like this in today's times? Rhetorical I know! 

3. I"m not for cutting him and he has no trade value. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He deserves to be cut on principal alone. 

Honestly, that was my initial thought.  I know he didn't think anything of it when he said it, but it's one of those brain farts you just can't have.

This is a kid that has proved to be to stupid to learn a NFL play book.  Him being an idiot and getting arrested because of it doesn't at all surprise me.  

This doesn't matter much IMO.  Reality is Davis is nothing but a return man.  He offers nothing as a receiver or a gunner and was likely going to be in a  major fight to make the roster.  

3 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Dumb move, even for a 24 year old... That being said, at least he isn't shooting himself in the leg at a club, or driving around drunk. I kind of hope he makes it so this stays with him forever. Oh the memes that could exist. 

Exactly. Getting arrested for a dumb joke is better than being busted for doing drugs, DUI or domestic battery/sexual assault. Considering all the reasons he could have been arrested, and the amount of criminal activity that exists in the NFL, this is actually a large non-issue. I'm sure his teammates will have a lot of pranks and jokes at his expense. So, does this mean that Davis is potentially "Da Bomb" at WR?

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lot of people in here eager to write off Davis. Not saying he's ever going to be a star, but the guy's got decent potential as a #3/4 guy who does well on specials as a returner. That's not a throw away piece. 

I don't see the potential at WR. At best, Davis continues to improve as a returner and becomes that No. 5-6 WR you carry on your roster basically just as a return man. Worked for Desmond Howard. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't see the potential at WR. At best, Davis continues to improve as a returner and becomes that No. 5-6 WR you carry on your roster basically just as a return man. Worked for Desmond Howard. 

Rewatch the last 3 or so games. Trevor makes some decent plays and he's dangerous with the ball in his hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more impact on the O than Geronimo. Could also see a scenario he doesn't make the cut, it's a bug offseason for him and he hasn't started great. 

Archived