How MUCH do you not want Josh Allen?

FGK

Would you rather...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather....

• Get Josh Allen and your choice of non-QB prospects at #4
    • Get your top QB but forfeit the #4 pick

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

The Allen hate train is pretty crazy, not gonna lie. Dude is talented but is extremely raw. I could see him making major growth just by the fact he will get so much better coaching in the NFL then what he was getting in college. 

Im not saying he is the QB at one but we need to take a step back from the 480 bridge. If the browns like him, it’s for a reason. All the guys making the decision, they have collectively forgotten more about the game of football then we as a Browns forum know. 

If it was sashi pulling the trigger I would be scared but he isn’t.  

Yeah I agree with this. I’ve been telling people to go back to his bowl game and watch. He had a great game and is why front office types are very high on him. 

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And do any of those guys entail drafting a QB?

That's literally all I care about from this GM/FO, the ability to hit on a Franchise QB. Anything else will be A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.

i mean say they just re-sign tyrod after he wins us the superbowl, are you really gonna call this a failure?

On 4/12/2018 at 7:33 AM, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I agree with this. I’ve been telling people to go back to his bowl game and watch. He had a great game and is why front office types are very high on him. 

One game =/= a career though. Small sample size can be deceiving. Like, I know that might be part of why NFL guys are being dumb, but we don't have to be with them haha.

And as for coaching, y'all do know that his coach this year was Wentz's coach his first couple years at NDst right?

On 4/11/2018 at 6:52 PM, Thomas5737 said:

He isn't a bad prospect, better than Kizer was. Picking him at #1 would be like picking Kizer at #4 overall. It might work out but you are putting it all on red 13.

I don't think I agree with this. Both were wildly inconsistent in college. Allen only has a slight edge in raw physical tools. Both struggled with pressure, but Allen struggled with creating pressure for himself by scrambling super early all the time. And most importantly, Kizer was more accurate against real defenses than Allen ever even showed flashes of being.

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't think I agree with this. Both were wildly inconsistent in college. Allen only has a slight edge in raw physical tools. Both struggled with pressure, but Allen struggled with creating pressure for himself by scrambling super early all the time. And most importantly, Kizer was more accurate against real defenses than Allen ever even showed flashes of being.

Maybe we'll select Allen at 52 after trading down to 12 and then trading down again from 12 so someone can grab Baker...

On 4/12/2018 at 8:03 AM, ditchdigger said:

Your #1 overall pick, fellas.  A thread.

Stats to go with that:

Despite their height difference, Allen had almost double the % of his passes batted down at the line as Mayfield, who is 6'0 tall.

Allen had more passes deemed "uncatchable" in his accuracy #'s than any of the other 1st round type QBs, and it wasn't close.

Despite being billed as a "Cam Newton" type athlete by Kiper and Matt Miller last year, Allen averaged 3.2 YPA rushing in his career (and that isn't horrifically skewed by sacks, the dude had 237 career attempts).

He is AWFUL on the move. Which is bad. Because he leaves the pocket because of phantom pressure ALL the time.

And here is an eye-test point. I think this dude's WRs HATE him. I have no proof. But look at their body language when he misses throws. When Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Jackson miss, I tend to see their receivers just go back to the huddle, or sometimes seem frustrated at themselves. When Allen misses bad, his receivers' body language goes full "god $%^& it man!" So much frustration.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Maybe we'll select Allen at 52 after trading down to 12 and then trading down again from 12 so someone can grab Baker...

I would be so sad. But also happy to see Allen go in the area where he should probably get picked (late 2nd to early 4th).

Archived