Browns sign Jarvis Landry to 5 year extension

.Buzz

58 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We used him that way because he lacks the skill-set to be used as a parameter vertical receiver. Which is fine - I loved Jarvis and his role was an important one. But that's pretty much who he is. And this price tag for that role is unheard of.

He'll be productive, no doubt. A real security blanket for whichever QB the Browns go with. But I can't see him being worth the contract.

True but there a lot of WRs who can do the things he does from the slot position. If they do, they are some of the best threats in the league. I could see him having a better season because I think they will try to use him more down field than what Miami did. I’m not saying like a deep threat and having him run deep posts, fades, and streaks. But see him running more seam routes, longer hitches, and what not. Him and duke can be a deadly duo working from the slot

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

$30 million guaranteed for Sammy, who I think is solid when healthy...but WOW. AB and OBJ must be licking their chops.

Brown just got his new deal.

OBJ doe...

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

$47M GTD is hilarious. 

Hopefully Josh Allen will be able to get the ball to him :shrugs:

Josh Allen was barely serviceable in the Mountain West conference with a completion percentage of around 50%. Good luck translating that against AFCN defenses.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Josh Allen was barely serviceable in the Mountain West conference with a completion percentage of around 50%. Good luck translating that against AFCN defenses.

He’s going to be terrible IMO. I am no draft expert though.

we shall see. 

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You think it's going to be expensive to pay Josh Gordon?

If he puts up a 70-75 Catch, 1000-1200 yard, 6-8 TD year (a step below his 2013 breakout)? Yes. Absolutely.

Especially after this signing. Given that Jarvis will command a good portion of the target shares, Coleman is healthy, Tyrod likes his TEs and Njoku could be a good one.. if Gordon can put up a decent season, he’s going to command Watkins/Jeffrey money.

He comes with character concerns sure, but if some team buys the narrative that he’s turned his life around, he’s going to get paid. 

Durability concerns are a bit more worrisome. But if guys like Watkins, Jeffery can get huge contracts, if Robinson can tear his ACL and go onto sign a long-term deal with really only one great season.. teams will be quick to forget Gordon’s first career half. I think the lack of WR talent in the upcoming draft classes is scaring/forcing teams into overpaying for talented WRs with question marks

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He’s going to be terrible IMO. I am no draft expert though.

we shall see. 

I can't wait to see Uncle Rico hitting cheeleaders and coaches on the sidelines while overthrowing slants and out routes.

I'd bring Tebow back to not dress before wasting an early pick on Allen.

This is too much... I don't know if they could of brought someone in from the open market but it's tough watching them trade for him and sign him like he's great. I'm a lions fan, and I'm not sure Landry is better than either Jones/Tate and he's getting paid almost double!!!

At least you can say Browns went out and got their guy at WR.

Archived