Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence

BroncoSojia

53 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

A LOT of Bronco fans were pissed when we passed on him for Bolles.

I’ll own that one for sure.   Dude justified the top 10 overall draft label with his play this year but the DV plus weapons charge makes this tough to see how he walks with just a plea deal that avoids jail time.  Any jail time that’s significant and it’s a career ender.   

If he avoids jail time the 6 game suspension is a given after what Zeke went through. The interesting part will be to see if the 49ers stick with him if he’s suspended but not sent to jail.   A suspension takes the 49ers off the hook for any future guaranteed $ so it’s really about the PR vs. the potential he still can play and stay out of trouble.  

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nick Saban would know exactly how to address this and keep him in line.

A stern talking to, followed by a vague press conference, followed by a subsequent first half benching against Mercer. Lesson learned by Reuben and then he'd be a model citizen.

Thanks.  You made me snort with laughter.

13 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Time to pull the ole’ “marry the girlfriend so she can’t testify” trick. A divorce where she gets half of your career moneys is better than no career moneys.??‍♀️?

Didn't you watch the Sopranos.   Adriana tried to do that,  but she found out anything done before they were married or if there was a third party present was fair game.  :)

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’ll own that one for sure.   Dude justified the top 10 overall draft label with his play this year but the DV plus weapons charge makes this tough to see how he walks with just a plea deal that avoids jail time.  Any jail time that’s significant and it’s a career ender.   

If he avoids jail time the 6 game suspension is a given after what Zeke went through. The interesting part will be to see if the 49ers stick with him if he’s suspended but not sent to jail.   A suspension takes the 49ers off the hook for any future guaranteed $ so it’s really about the PR vs. the potential he still can play and stay out of trouble.  

The latest statement is that his role on the team is "under great scrutiny". I think that these charges, laid out this way, are much worse than the 49ers anticipated. One of the beat writers here stated that they didn't even think Foster would be charged. It's very possible that he gets released on the heels of the details and charges now. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The latest statement is that his role on the team is "under great scrutiny". I think that these charges, laid out this way, are much worse than the 49ers anticipated. One of the beat writers here stated that they didn't even think Foster would be charged. It's very possible that he gets released on the heels of the details and charges now. 

Can they cut him and get the guaranteed $ off the books before a league penalty is issued?   The exemption from his guaranteed $ only comes if the personal conduct clause is in effect - does it apply before the league acts?   I imagine that also dictates how SF goes here.   

1 hour ago, August4th said:

don't see how a team can justify signing him after this

other players have lost their career for doing the same or less..

Other team won't get a chance. The 9ers haven't released him. Pretty damning given their previous stance with player on dv issues. They just issued a pathetic statement about. 

4 minutes ago, SaquonBarkley26 said:

He should never play another game in the NFL. Domestic violence is completely unacceptable. His career is over. 

I doubt that. 

People pretend to care about domestic violence, but in reality they don't care. As long as Foster isn't on video beating his GF, then he will likely get a second chance. 

Archived