Huge interest in Derrius Guice

Eric

Let me be clear...

I don't mind taking Guice, just not @13.

I would rather have a Vita Vea @13 & Rashad Penny @44....for example

Than a Guice @ 13 & Tim Settles @44.

We need to get the MOST out of our draft picks!

Besides, there's no way of really knowing who will have the better pro career.

Guice, Penny, Chubb, Michel, Barkley

For all we know, the next great RB will be drafted in the 5th round.

and BTW...Penny is the RB I want on this team.

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Rashad Penny

2015 Hawaii Bowl--100 yard kick off return

2017 Armed Forces Bowl--81 yard TD run

--32 yard TD run

--49 yard TD run

--4 yard TD run

This dude is gonna be a stud! Get him in the Burgundy & Gold please!

He’s got good speed for a RB, the question is if that’s all he is.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Let me be clear...

I don't mind taking Guice, just not @13.

I would rather have a Vita Vea @13 & Rashad Penny @44....for example

Than a Guice @ 13 & Tim Settles @44.

We need to get the MOST out of our draft picks!

Loud and clear...

I'd also prefer the Vea scenario.. more preferably Vea + IOL or Vea + Ronald Jones III.

Trading back if Vea's gone is also an attractive scenario. Selecting Guice at 13.. while not my ideal outcome.. is still not a bad first day, imho. 

The Redskins are gonna have to try really hard to make me frown about their first move. 

sorry but we need to draft a d-lineman. we still haven't addressed the LG position i believe. i think our problem has more to do with run blocking then the actual running backs. id rather get a dt in the 1st and pick up another rb in the 4th

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

sorry but we need to draft a d-lineman. we still haven't addressed the LG position i believe. i think our problem has more to do with run blocking then the actual running backs. id rather get a dt in the 1st and pick up another rb in the 4th

Definitely need a NT, but if Vea is gone, I could see them taking Guice depending on what defensive players are available. After Nelson, the next best guards are rated behind Guice. I don’t think we have a starting RB on our roster, and if a RB is tge highest graded player on your board in round 1 or 2 we should take them. Kelley isn’t a starter, Thompson can’t hold up as an every down back and Perine doesn’t have the speed to be a dynamic RB. Guice, Chubb, Michel, Jones, Penny, Freeman, Ballage and Johnson would all be better options than what we currently have.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This decade we’ve tried out 30 or so running backs and none of them have worked out but Morris because we haven’t invested very high in a running back except for Matt Jones who McCloughan over drafted by 2 rounds.

There were several times many of us wanted to take different RBs in round 2 or 3, and we even discussed taking some in round 1 and if we had, our running game would be better than it’s been since 2015 but they didn’t do it so we are where we are. 

I love DJ but I’m not sure I’d take him in round 1, I’d take him in round 2 though.

I said DJ for the 3rd than Guice in the 1st. Hes risky in the 2nd I think, because with LSUs qb situation while he was there, and how there was none. Its kinda hard to read the guys true worth. I think hes outstanding, but will it translate to NFL outstanding worthy of a 2nd?

Im one that would rather a 2nd or 3rd back than to toss a pick at one in the first. Plenty of talent this year at that position. Anytime some people have Chubb between 4 and 6, it must be an amazing class. Cause normally hed be top 3 most years without doubt to it. I would rather Chubb later than Guice in the 1st too. Cause we still have speedy and talented Chris Thompson thats been killing it for us to put in the backfield for the mixup. Guice and Chris are alike in more ways than Chris and Chubb are.

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I said DJ for the 3rd than Guice in the 1st. Hes risky in the 2nd I think, because with LSUs qb situation while he was there, and how there was none. Its kinda hard to read the guys true worth. I think hes outstanding, but will it translate to NFL outstanding worthy of a 2nd?

Im one that would rather a 2nd or 3rd back than to toss a pick at one in the first. Plenty of talent this year at that position. Anytime some people have Chubb between 4 and 6, it must be an amazing class. Cause normally hed be top 3 most years without doubt to it. I would rather Chubb later than Guice in the 1st too. Cause we still have speedy and talented Chris Thompson thats been killing it for us to put in the backfield for the mixup. Guice and Chris are alike in more ways than Chris and Chubb are.

My bad I obviously didn’t read your post correctly. I’d still take Guice if they have him graded out the same as some of the defenders who are available at 13. 

Guice is ranked in the top 20 for a reason, the 2nd & 3rd round RBs aren’t for a reason; he’s better than them.

I don’t think it’s much of a risk at all, I think Guice is a baller. He has potential to be a pro bowl back.

19 hours ago, mike23md said:

I am more than happy to take Denzel Ward if he is on the board. The value would be there. 

But, the only edge rusher I like in the first round outside of Chubb, is Landry. At this point though, we have Kerrigan, Smith, Anderson, and McPhee. A first round edge rusher might not be the best direction. 

Again, it all depends who is on the board. 

I agree here. I'm just thinking of best value at position #13. And usually for that, its EDGE or CB. For this team, its not a bad pick to grab Ward with #13 since Norman is gonna go bye bye in a year.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He'll fit right in here then lol.  

Ha.  One of the worst run defenses for sure.  We actually had a pretty good pass defense though.  I doubt it will be that good again this year without Fuller and Breeland though.

Archived