Around the NFL

Forge

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not a surprise. Arvil was always going to be gone via retirement or not. Wasn't sure about Kam, but his body has taken a lot of punishment

Not surprising one bit. There were talks of those two retiring all season. Kam suffered a nasty neck injury and with his style of play, it was going to be a huge risk to continue. 

They had damn near the exact same season we had in 2014 minus the HC controversy. Could be the last year of their run until they reload. One big difference is they have their franchise QB so it shouldn't take them as long as it took us to recover. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not surprising one bit. There were talks of those two retiring all season. Kam suffered a nasty neck injury and with his style of play, it was going to be a huge risk to continue. 

They had damn near the exact same season we had in 2014 minus the HC controversy. Could be the last year of their run until they reload. One big difference is they have their franchise QB so it shouldn't take them as long as it took us to recover. 

Since they have a history of hiring our former GMs, they should give Baalke a call. That will lengthen their rebuild.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Since they have a history of hiring our former GMs, they should give Baalke a call. That will lengthen their rebuild.

In fairness, we did steal Scot M first 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Bengals signed head coach Marvin Lewis to a two-year contract through the 2019 season.

Really thought he was gone. Not a bad coach, but nothing ever changes there until it absolutely has to, and that goes for the owner and for the head coach. Lewis is like that old school baseball manager who still believes in "gut" over analytics and is loyal to vets over super talented youngsters and rookies and continues to sign 30 year old journeymen to block his top prospects. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Carson Palmer retired. Definitely going to be a different look in Arizona next year. 

Now it comes down to what Fitzgerald does. I don't know how possible it is, but the Cards need to try to do everything in their power to get Cousins or Smith and make a run for a SB next season. 

9 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Haha

THe other I was on youtube, and I saw a video of Jim Harbaugh Mic'd up, when he was our HC, and one time during a warm-up, Jim threw a deep pass (beautiful spiral) to none other than AJ Jenkins. It was an... interesting memory...

Would not mind Carroll retiring...have disliked him for a long time. Does not come across as one to follow the rules, if you catch my meaning...USC is still recovering from just that.

Sorry to see Arians go. Class act. I actually do hope the Cards go after Alex or Kirk...never have hated the Cards. Now, the Seahawks are another story entirely...for the reason above.

Caldwell gone? Let's throw a big contract at Ziggy Ansah right after we get Garoppolo signed! That could really improve our pass rush.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

THe other I was on youtube, and I saw a video of Jim Harbaugh Mic'd up, when he was our HC, and one time during a warm-up, Jim threw a deep pass (beautiful spiral) to none other than AJ Jenkins. It was an... interesting memory...

Don't leave us in suspense!

Did AJJ actually CATCH the pass?????

8 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I dont care about the 2yr 19 remaining on his deal, send over a 5th and call it a done deal. 

The concern is not the 19 mil.  Pretty sure Lynch and Co don't want only choir boys but this guy takes the cake when it comes to on-field/off-field dumbarsness...

Archived