Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don’t doubt Baker is extremely accurate. I’d take him at 1, but he is 2nd to Sam in my books. 

Sam anticipates and feels the game better imo. He is accurate most of the time. 

Of what I have watched Sam looks like he is playing nf games more often. Baker looks like he is playing college. 

If we draft Baker so be it, I’ll root for him and hope he is playing well 8 and root for him.

if we draft Sam I’ll be rooting for him to play next year.

I look at it like this. Whoever it is is going to have a redshirt season. I think Darnold would benefit more from sitting a year than Mayfield and I also think Darnold has a higher ceiling which that 1 year would help him achieve faster.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It was brought up multiple times during the season, but his numbers weren’t too far off Stafford who was also 21 and was throwing to Megatron.

Aikman, Bradshaw (ooof), etc., plenty of rookies don’t look great.

My only point is he’s dismissed after a year because fans have absurd expectations and zero patience.

I bet none of those guys' tape looked as bad as Kizer last season. Again, I'm totally willing to eat crow if he ever pans out, but I think I know a turd when I see one. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I bet none of those guys' tape looked as bad as Kizer last season. Again, I'm totally willing to eat crow if he ever pans out, but I think I know a turd when I see one. 

I would expect so with as much time as you spend with your head up your a... oh yeah, pg site, nevermind.

Again a person who has been right on a number of things on another site is saying it’s Darnold. It just makes sense. 

3 more days gents hang in there. My advice is start a new hobby. Something to take your mind off of things. If you live in northeast Ohio now is the time to get your veggies for a garden started. Yeah a little late but you can still do it. Or simply just get a job. Can’t hurt no?  Then you can pay for your veggies. ?

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Again a person who has been right on a number of things on another site is saying it’s Darnold. It just makes sense. 

3 more days gents hang in there. My advice is start a new hobby. Something to take your mind off of things. If you live in northeast Ohio now is the time to get your veggies for a garden started. Yeah a little late but you can still do it. Or simply just get a job. Can’t hurt no?  Then you can pay for your veggies. ?

But these Mayfield rumblings are making me nervous lol I dont know what is smoke anymoooore

Not that I would hate Mayfield, but its just that I want Darnold more. I really hope there is a plan with Mayfield in terms of designing a offense with heavy RPO. I dont think Mayfield is good for current Hue Jackson offense.

59 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think Mayfield is good for current Hue Jackson offense.

I keep seeing people talk about Hues offense, but we have a new OC so shouldn't we be talking about Haley's offense vice Hue's?

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Shut up hippie

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Luck still isn’t throwing the ball and the Colts seem disinterested in QB’s at the top.

Surprised this isn’t a bigger story.

I mean, is Luck done?

Gotta be worried about it if you’re the colts I think, but maybe we’re  just used to pessimism (realism) since were browns fans and they lucked into Peyton and then into luck so they don’t believe in bad luck 

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Gotta be worried about it if you’re the colts I think, but maybe we’re  just used to pessimism (realism) since were browns fans and they lucked into Peyton and then into luck so they don’t believe in bad luck 

Lol watch Brissett be a stud too.

But seriously though, Luck still not throwing is not good. A year and a half later? Ooof.

I’m from Detroit, but follow the Browns also. I think with the Browns first pick, they should take Saquon Barkley. This guy is going to make any QB better. This type of runner only comes around every once in a while. He gets the tough yards to get 1st downs, catches the ball well & keeps defenses off kilter to open the passing game. You can still get a quality QB with #4. I actually think that Mayfield will fall to #4. You already have a proven QB, but picking up a Dangerous running back could really take the offense to the next level. Just take a look at the Lions. Stafford is a good QB, but we have no running game what so ever. All the pressure is on Stafford & it doesn’t help that every defense out there knows it. I say, go get that dominate runner first & your QB fourth.

Archived