Denver looking to trade out of #5?

Woz

On 4/19/2018 at 3:56 PM, VikeManDan said:

Certainly could, DEN may need to throw a 4th (#106) their way. 

Definite opening for the Bills.

It costs a lot more than a late 1st rounder and late mid 2nd rounder to move from 23 to number 5 for the Pats. Bills stand a better chance.

In a similar trade in 2011 when the Browns and Falcons traded for Julio Jones. It was a similar move-up and it cost the Falcons 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder and 2 fourth rounders.

That was for a WR at #6 overall. The asking price to move up to #5 for a franchise QB from the mid-20s I could image a higher asking price.

The Broncos would hold all the cards and ask basically whatever they want from the Bills since everybody in the NFL knows the Bills are desperate and have no choice then to meet whatever the asking price is.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just think they won't trade up for a QB. Seems kind of crazy considering the level Brady is playing. I mean taking 1 in round 1 isn't so weird but to actually trade up is something i dont see. New England has everything they need to make another run so take dont try and lower your chances now by spending more than 1 pick on someone who won't play at all this year and might not ever play

I think Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, Allen, and Mayfield are the consensus top 5. I think one definitely falls to 14/15 and the Pats can absolutely get there from 23. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

It costs a lot more than a late 1st rounder and late mid 2nd rounder to move from 23 to number 5 for the Pats. Bills stand a better chance.

In a similar trade in 2011 when the Browns and Falcons traded for Julio Jones. It was a similar move-up and it cost the Falcons 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder and 2 fourth rounders.

That was for a WR at #6 overall. The asking price to move up to #5 for a franchise QB from the mid-20s I could image a higher asking price.

The Broncos would hold all the cards and ask basically whatever they want from the Bills since everybody in the NFL knows the Bills are desperate and have no choice then to meet whatever the asking price is.

Bills have no reason to do it actually. Nobody after Denver is taking a QB. The only risk is if Denver takes someone they might want. But at that point....... Denver now has to unload him and might not get anything comparable to what they could draft there. 

The Bills should only make a trade if it’s for 2 and they absolutely want one of Darnold or Rosen. 

Basically whoever the Browns pick dictates the draft. If it’s Allen, Giants are getting Darnold. If not it looks like Giants bypass QB. 

41 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Bills have no reason to do it actually. Nobody after Denver is taking a QB. The only risk is if Denver takes someone they might want. But at that point....... Denver now has to unload him and might not get anything comparable to what they could draft there. 

The Bills should only make a trade if it’s for 2 and they absolutely want one of Darnold or Rosen. 

Basically whoever the Browns pick dictates the draft. If it’s Allen, Giants are getting Darnold. If not it looks like Giants bypass QB. 

Just because none are likely to take a QB doesn't mean they aren't also in the market to trade out. No way Bills can assume a QB drops and stand Pat. Not with AZ behind them.

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just because none are likely to take a QB doesn't mean they aren't also in the market to trade out. No way Bills can assume a QB drops and stand Pat. Not with AZ behind them.

If Giants don’t go QB, I take my chances if I’m the Bills. To me there’s 5 QB’s that any team should be happy to get. Bills are guaranteed to get one of them without mortgaging their future if either Denver or Giants don’t go QB. No need to chance it. And honestly, if you are going to give up a haul, go for a trade to 2 overall. Jump the Jets and get a shot at Darnold or Rosen. The only people that should trade with the Broncos is if Chubb or Barkley is there and they really want one of them 

13 minutes ago, lancerman said:
46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Giants don’t go QB, I take my chances if I’m the Bills. To me there’s 5 QB’s that any team should be happy to get. Bills are guaranteed to get one of them without mortgaging their future if either Denver or Giants don’t go QB. No need to chance it. And honestly, if you are going to give up a haul, go for a trade to 2 overall. Jump the Jets and get a shot at Darnold or Rosen. The only people that should trade with the Broncos is if Chubb or Barkley is there and they really want one of them 

And if the Draft gets flipped upside down and say a Allen and or Mayfield come of the board and one of those two are there at 5-8 they have rated higher. You don't trade up before AZ pounces?

Whomever they have as there target 1-3, they should go after. Settling for option 3-4-5 and 6 if they truly aren't the QB you wanted, is a desperation drafting for need type move. Not overall BPA at QB.

I also don't think the trade up 7 spots is going to be as expensive as some are making it out to be if on draft day Denver is already OTC!

I would be surprised if NE traded all the way up to #5 for a QB.  They have had the services of the GOAT for over a decade and a half and they got him in the fifth round.  If I were NE, I would take my chances on finding another good one in the later rounds.  Unlike the situation in New York with Eli, the Patriots really do have a couple good years left with their current QB.  They have a little time to look around. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would be surprised if NE traded all the way up to #5 for a QB.  They have had the services of the GOAT for over a decade and a half and they got him in the fifth round.  If I were NE, I would take my chances on finding another good one in the later rounds.  Unlike the situation in New York with Eli, the Patriots really do have a couple good years left with their current QB.  They have a little time to look around. 

It'll be interesting to see how NE handles this supposed "I want a new deal" position from Brady.

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm really hoping you're joking on this.  This is like winning $1M dollars off the lottery one random time and then trying to make a living off the lottery.  It's insane.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm really hoping you're joking on this.  This is like winning $1M dollars off the lottery one random time and then trying to make a living off the lottery.  It's insane.

Wait.....thats my plan entirely.

You saying I cant do it? :)

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Sorry.  I didn't word that post as clearly as I should have.  I didn't mean they should wait until as late as they did when they hit the jackpot with Brady, but I do think they could find one later in the first or in the second, and maybe even the third that they could work possibly with.  There are plenty of good quarterbacks in the NFL who weren't taken in the Top 5 picks of the draft.

Archived