Players that will Shoot Up/Down in Draft

ckoz24

5 hours ago, bomont said:

"a possibility" is so vague it's meaningless.  There's a possibility I might win the lotto too, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.  I wouldn't touch the guy.

I would have said Key, but he has already fallen from what I can tell...earlier this year he was projected as a high high pick. 

For all of the QB talk and hype, I would not be surprised to see either of the Josh QBs fall somewhat, and I don't think anyone makes a move to trade up for any QB early.  I think after the first 2 or 3 RBs, maybe even just the first one, RBs may fall because it's such a deep class.

awesome

I think Shaquem Griffin goes in the 1st round. His 40 time really caught the attention of many and his game play is pretty impressive. Love watching him in their bowl game this season.

Also, I don't think the NFL invited him thinking he would go in Day 2...pretty certain someone will take him Day 1.

48 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Also, I don't think the NFL invited him thinking he would go in Day 2...pretty certain someone will take him Day 1.

They invited Geno Smith, remember...so I don't think the invite means much of anything. They need some day two guys there too. 

Could Nelson fall out of the top 10? Serious question. He's not going in the top 4. Klis doesn't mention him in his top 5 for Denver, and the Broncos are openly shopping their pick, so it doesn't look like they absolutely love him. Indy could take him at 6, of course, but there are the rumors that they could take Roquan. Chubb could also be there depending on how the draft plays out. Tampa signed Jensen and moved Marpet back to guard, so they may look to go elsewhere at 7 - Minkah, Ward, Derwin all make sense. Chicago could easily use him, but would it be completely surprising if they went Edmunds or Landry at 8? The 49ers could use a guard, but some have lamented that he's not a perfect fit for Shanny's offense (I disagree that he would have any issues in the scheme), but I really think even if he's there, we look else where, specifically I Think it's defense. And then you have the Raiders at ten. Possible that Nelson ends up in Miami? 

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I would seriously hope the 9ers take him if Nelson really does fall to 9... He could vastly improve the run game and protect Garoppolo.

Me too. I was the first in that forum hardcore on the Nelson at #2 bandwagon when we were winless lol. Honestly, I really just don't see it happening though. Hoping that I am wrong. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Could Nelson fall out of the top 10? Serious question. He's not going in the top 4. Klis doesn't mention him in his top 5 for Denver, and the Broncos are openly shopping their pick, so it doesn't look like they absolutely love him. Indy could take him at 6, of course, but there are the rumors that they could take Roquan. Chubb could also be there depending on how the draft plays out. Tampa signed Jensen and moved Marpet back to guard, so they may look to go elsewhere at 7 - Minkah, Ward, Derwin all make sense. Chicago could easily use him, but would it be completely surprising if they went Edmunds or Landry at 8? The 49ers could use a guard, but some have lamented that he's not a perfect fit for Shanny's offense (I disagree that he would have any issues in the scheme), but I really think even if he's there, we look else where, specifically I Think it's defense. And then you have the Raiders at ten. Possible that Nelson ends up in Miami? 

I think a case could be made that you could add more talent taking another quality player in the top 10 and then adding an OL early in the second.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Forge said:

It wouldn't shock me to see the Bears pass on Nelson at 8 and take a pass rusher. To your Landry question, I would imagine it after a trade down to 11 or 12 (if an option presents itself).

1 hour ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Nelson can definitely fall due to being a guard in a draft with a lot of dynamic defensive players but I don't think anyone is going to regret the pick when its made.

I don't think he falls out of the top 11. There are way too many teams that have OL issues and Quinton Nelson, while he is a guard, is the best OL I've ever evaluated. He will be the BPA for every single team and fill a probable position of need, considering there are only about 6-7 teams in the NFL with two good starting guards.

Archived