Ace's final mock draft

I have this notion the Redskins are looking to trade back. If its true, that they like many players? Than I believe they will want to add picks to this draft.

Having said that?

I believe the Redskins will be part of a 3-team trade!

It will be Redskins, Bills & Browns. I believe the Bills want the #4 pick. I believe the browns want to trade out of the #4 pick and continue building for the future, like they've been doing.

Bills will trade #12, 22, #53 this year & a 1st in 2019.

Browns will take QB @#1, but will trade #22 to Skins to move up to #13. I believe they want either Wr Ridley or Sutton. They also know the Packers are looking hard @WR as well. Which is why they make this move. The Browns will trade 2nd rd pick #33 to make this happen. The Skins can't pass that up!

I also believe the Redskins want a 3rd round pick back. They will trade #44 to the Bills, for the Bills #56th pick in the round, plus the Bills 3rd pick #96. I believe the Bills will want to move up in the 2nd as well.

So without further ado, I give you the Redskins 2018 draft.

#22)Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP: I believe the Redskins know they need a legit starter at LG. Will is a beast & will solidify that position for years. The HOGS are back baby!

#33)DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama: Having that 33rd pick is a luxury. There always seems to be a very good player slip out of the 1st rd...always! I believe Payne will be that guy. It will be awesome to pair him up with fellow Alabama grad Allen along that line.

#56)Rashaad Penny, RB, S.D. State: We all know the Skins need & are searching for a RB. Well they find a top, yet very underrated prospect, imo here. Not only do I believe he can start right away, but I also believe with him & Thompson in the backfield, it will present a very dangerous combination to the opposition. Even more so, than the Saints backfield.

#96)Armani Watts, DB, Texas: A very talented player. I think this guy will turn some heads.

#109)Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana: This may surprise some, but it shouldn't. With Jordan's injury issues & Vernons age, they will look for a TE this yr. Jeremy Sprinkles or whatever his name is not very good. Lets be honest here...Ian will definitely make the coaches decision hard here.

#142)Arden Key, EDGE, LSU: I think we will look for 1 pass rusher this draft. Question is...where. I think the 5th round, is a pretty good spot. I've heard some good things about this kid.

#163)Jack Cichy, LB, Wisconsin: I know nothing about this dude. I liked the name & threw him in there like a spice to add to your chilli.

#205)Trey Quinn, WR, SMU: I believe we will draft a WR sometime during the draft. I've heard from multiple sources, that they believe this dude could be a steal. A friend & a Relative actually and some writing sources. Keep an eye out for this kid!

#231)Ito Smith, RB, Sothern Miss: I believe the Skins will dbl down on RB. They've done this before with other positions of needing to hit on. Like QB in 2012 as 1 easy example. Supposedly, Dallas really likes this kid.

#241)Chase Litton, QB, Marshall: I actually don't believe we will draft a QB at all. But I like this kid & decided to put him in a throwaway pick. A camp arm...practice squad if we did.

So there you have it guys. A little crazy, I know. But I think this draft, will be a little crazy.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Browns have Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman and others at wide out. No way they take a receiver. 

The Browns agreed on the 5th yr option on Gordon. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were dangled in a trade, as talented as he is.

There going to want to give their new QB, as many targets as possible, imo.

Gordon is unreliable at this point in his career.

20 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Browns agreed on the 5th yr option on Gordon. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were dangled in a trade, as talented as he is.

With Landry, Gordon, Janis, Coleman and Njoku I can’t imagine they’d spend more resources on pass catchers. I suspect they’ll end up with Allen and Barkley. At some point they have to stop passing up elite talent for trade downs. A young QBs best friend is a stud RB. 

1 hour ago, Marcus21 said:

I have read recently that Arden Key is dropping like a sack of turds. Very good possibility he is a day 3 pick

Ran a 4.9 at only 238lbs during LSUs pro day. Hes going to be even slower when he adds the weight he needs for the position.

On 4/21/2018 at 12:53 PM, aceinthehouse said:

1. Josh Gordon was a supplemental draft player. There is no 5th year option for supplemental draft players.
  2. Even if there was, Josh Gordon was selected in the second round of the supplemental draft, which means he wouldn't have a 5th year option since that only applies to first round picks.
  3. Josh Gordon signed a one year exclusive-rights free agent (ERFA) contract this year. This means he had less than three years of accumulated service with the NFL (he only played in five games in 2014 and 2017, and didn't play at all in 2015 and 2016).
  4. This in turn means that next year he's a restricted free agent. I vaguely recall that you have to offer 2nd round RFAs (this is a very uncommon situation) a 2nd round tender, and not the original round tender. Even so, this means that the Browns have Josh Brown under contract for the next two years for essentially $3.5M total. If the Browns can get him at "original round" tender, then he's only $2.5M for two years.

The only situation where they don't use that cheap value (cheaper than a first round receiver by far) is if Gordon is suspended again. However, unless his suspension occurs in the next four days, it seems unlikely they would trade up for a receiver.

Also, on the subject of the trade,

1. The Browns have 33 and 35. There's little to no chance they would give up 33 instead of 35 given that the Browns can immediately use 33 to make a deal with any other team for a player who surprisingly slips out of the first round.
  2. Even if they sent 35 instead of 33, that's nearly 200 points of traditional trade chart value they Browns are giving up. Normally, I would say the Redskins would likely have to give back their third to make up the difference ... but they don't have their third. This in turn would require the Redskins to either give up more later picks to make up the loss in value or give up 2019 picks, both of which would be stupid for the franchise to do (note: Moron's in charge so ...). It is possible the Browns are so gung ho for 13 that they'd give up that value, but I don't see John Dorsey doing that; he seems way too competent to make such a lopsided deal.

Archived