Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

On 10/19/2017 at 5:47 AM, Purplexing said:

On my way to this forum, I see the NFC North board, and the GB listing almost always has 'Rodgers broken collarbone' as the most recent topic.

I think too many people are discounting too soon how well Hundley will do, as the GB offense is still talented and potentially potent, with the exception of injuries on their OL.

There was discussion somewhere on how other teams sought to acquire Hundley in the off-season.  That is overlooked by GB and other NFL fans who only see Rodgers as capable of winning a title.  The main reason is Rodger's consistent success over time.  Another overlooked reason is the media hype around Rodgers.  Knowledgeable fans still have blinders due to the media bias and hype.

But, when you think about it, some folks' behavior isn't perplexing after all.

Hundley is filling in for the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL (Brady #1 and it's not even close)  If you compare our two teams,  it's almost always been Advantage Vikings in every single area except QB and Kicking game, and those two advantages the Packers had were gigantic.   Aaron Rodgers was just too damn good at taking apart other teams mistakes (IE Free plays all the time from hard counts and substitutions)  The Packers are going to look like a very ordinary team with Hundley back there.  

Barr: “I don’t play dirty, we don’t preach that around here. It’s unfortunate, the injury. I hate to see anybody get hurt. I think it’s a dirty play in some people’s eyes because of the injury. I think if he gets up we’re not having this conversation.”

Barr is right. The hit was neither illegal, nor dirty. Rodgers had exited the pocket, and he chose to try to make a throw on the run with Barr closing in. Rodgers could have thrown it away the instant he saw Barr accelerate toward him. Rodgers could have hit the gas and run out of bounds. He could have slid or simply taken a dive. Instead, he waited for tight end Martellus Bennett to break open a bit more before floating the ball in his direction, knowing full well that Barr was closing in, and that Rodgers was going to absorb a hit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/20/anthony-barr-i-dont-play-dirty/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, disaacs said:

It was impressive when Rodgers came back the same season after his last broken collarbone, but I don't know if that lightning will strike twice. Last time he was younger and the injury did not require surgery. I just don't see him being able to recover from the surgery, rehab the injury enough to be in playing shape, and have gotten enough practice in for it to be worth it, though stranger things have happened. I also think that while Hundley won't be bad for the Packers, he isn't anywhere near the level of Rodgers, and many parts of their team are average at best without him Rodgers is what makes the Packers a force, and the time without him could maybe, at best, result in a .500 record in my eyes. By week 15, if it is an option to bring him back, I think they may be far enough out of the hunt behind the Lions and Vikings that it won't be worth activating him.

Vikings receiver Laquon Treadwell was fined $24,309 for an illegal blindside block in Sunday’s victory over the Packers.

Treadwell: “I tried to keep it clean, I hesitated, didn’t launch or anything. I really didn’t think I hit him that hard, either. Just tried to make a play.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/20/laquon-treadwell-fined-for-blindside-block/

The initial fallout from Aaron Rodgers' glaring absence will inspire little hope in Title Town. Even with the benefit of Green Bay's strongest rushing attack of the season, Hundley failed to move the chains through the air. Over reliant on penalties and Hundley's third-down scrambling ability, the passing game lacked any semblance of rhythm. The former UCLA star managed to connect with his top three receivers and No. 1 tight end just seven times for a meager 57 combined yards as the Packers were outgained by a whopping 225 yards on the afternoon. 

let's remember how McCarthy is touted as such a strong QB mentor/developer. he's had three years with Hundley.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Dom Capers is also a better coach than Zimmer, Diggs would be their #4 WR and they were gonna blow us out last week.

Oh, and Hundley looks like a 1st round talent. LMFAO

ugh. resist the trolling.

posting that causes others to feel angered and incited to respond. be gracious in winning.

• Like 2

Don Barclay won’t be returning to the Packers lineup after a stint on injured reserve. Barclay was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury early this season and became eligible to be designated for return last week. Barclay would be able to practice with such a designation, but the Packers chose to make a different move on Tuesday. They released Barclay from injured reserve, leaving him free to sign with any team in order to continue his playing career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/25/packers-release-don-barclay-off-injured-reserve/