Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

12 hours ago, perrynoid said:

Perhaps he would allow you to interview him for Football's Future?  That would be an interesting interview!

nah, i respect his privacy on the matter. it must be incredibly difficult for their family to have a son who has basically disowned them, and for it to be so public at the same time.

the Rodgers family is very well respected here in their home town, but you know what? there isn't a mention anywhere of Aaron being from here.

• Like 3

Sorry if this in the wrong spot, but my girlfriend and I are almost 100% going to the home game vs the Packers on 11/21. Anyone have any recommendation on when to buy tickets? If Rodgers gets traded I suspect the prices would drop significantly. But if he does not get traded/retire and the Vikings and Packers both start out hot I'm worried prices could spike.

Edited by Nozizaki

On 5/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, Nozizaki said:

Sorry if this in the wrong spot, but my girlfriend and I are almost 100% going to the home game vs the Packers on 11/21. Anyone have any recommendation on when to buy tickets? If Rodgers gets traded I suspect the prices would drop significantly. But if he does not get traded/retire and the Vikings and Packers both start out hot I'm worried prices could spike.

You're going to want to implement a "hiring problem" styled online algorithm. You set a "sample" size, k, which is equal to the number of days left until 11/21 (173) divided by Euler's number (2.71). 

k~63 days.

Chart the prices for the next 63 days, then on day 64 through 172, buy tickets if that day's price is lower than any price seen in the first 63 days. If no price is lower, then buy tickets on day 173.

Edited by sinceAtikevike

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I don't care how much they offer him, it's about more than just money.  Even though people always say it is...in some rare cases, it's not.  This is one of those cases.  I had one instance in my life, where I took less money to go somewhere else because it was about more than just money  (of course, we're talking about a lot more money in his case).

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I still maintain a "believe it when you see it" attitude towards Rodgers. I would love nothing more than to see him leave the Packers, but I am tempering my expectations here.

Agreed.  It's fun to talk about though, but I put it in the same category of likelihood as I did the whole "soccer is a major sport in the US" discussion...I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

On a recent edition of Get Up!, ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler said that the Packers are still “a bit in the dark” as to whether their star signal-caller will show up later this month.

“As of right now the Packers are still a bit in the dark as to whether Aaron Rodgers will show up for minicamp,” Fowler explained. “I spoke to a couple league execs this morning who said he might not because they know he is so dug in. But from what I’m told the Packers’ strategy is they’re still actively looking for solutions here. They looked at ways to potentially amend his contract, the guaranteed structures, to take the uncertainties of his future out of it. They don’t want to trade him but they want to wait this out for the long run because they know if things go really south and they have to trade him eventually, that would involve future draft picks that don’t even affect this year anyway.

gee, just what his dad said to me....

• 2 weeks later...