Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I honestly feel bad for Packers fans and the NFL. We could see the end of the career of Rodgers. Hate him all you want but he's one of the greatest if not the greatest QB's of my life. 

You will never get me to feel bad for Packers' fans.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

You will never get me to feel bad for Packers' fans.

I don't feel bad for the franchise. I'd like it to turn back into what it was before Favre and never be a legit competition for the division ever again. The fans aren't so bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

I don't feel bad for the franchise. I'd like it to turn back into what it was before Favre and never be a legit competition for the division ever again. The fans aren't so bad. 

As far as my experience with their fans, at least for me, the only ones worse are Seahawks and Cowboys' fans.  

• Like 2

If Rodgers is traded... i think it will be for alot lower than ppl might think. 

DEN sends 2022 1st & 2023 2nd (can be upgrade to 1st based on Rodgers playing 8 games)

DEN doesn't need to outbid anyone because their offer is the only one on the table, after no other team submits an offer once Rodgers 'selects' his preferred destination (DEN). 

Edited by CriminalMind

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If Rodgers is traded... i think it will be for alot lower than ppl might think. 

DEN sends 2022 1st & 2023 2nd (can be upgrade to 1st based on Rodgers playing 8 games)

DEN doesn't need to outbid anyone because their offer is the only one on the table, after no other team submits an offer once Rodgers 'selects' his preferred destination (DEN). 

The Packers front office bungled this. They could have had #3 overall and traded that for a haul, plus cleared cap space. Now, whatever offer they take will involve picks in next year's draft from a team that Rodgers will be quarterbacking. That means they'll almost certainly be towards the end of the draft order. Just stupidity and stubbornness. If they were confident Jordan Love could be the guy, give Rodgers his trade to a preferred team (San Fran) and set your young QB up with a ton of talent around him over the coming years.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The Packers front office bungled this. They could have had #3 overall and traded that for a haul, plus cleared cap space. Now, whatever offer they take will involve picks in next year's draft from a team that Rodgers will be quarterbacking. That means they'll almost certainly be towards the end of the draft order. Just stupidity and stubbornness. If they were confident Jordan Love could be the guy, give Rodgers his trade to a preferred team (San Fran) and set your young QB up with a ton of talent around him over the coming years.  

If #3 was offered by SF, that is going to be the best package they'll be offered.  I am glad GB didn't accept that, Lance potentially going to GB would cut deep

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

If #3 was offered by SF, that is going to be the best package they'll be offered.  I am glad GB didn't accept that, Lance potentially going to GB would cut deep

I have a hard time believing they would have taken Lance. Doing so would have been a PR disaster because they would be perceived as destroying their relationship with Rodgers by drafting a QB who they gave up on before he ever stepped on the field. 

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I have a hard time believing they would have taken Lance. Doing so would have been a PR disaster because they would be perceived as destroying their relationship with Rodgers by drafting a QB who they gave up on before he ever stepped on the field. 

Agreed. They’d have either traded it for more picks, although I think they’d have a hard time finding a buyer. Or they would have taken Sewell or Pitts to put around Love. 

On 5/7/2021 at 4:18 PM, CriminalMind said:

They wouldn't have taken Lance.  It's far more likely they would have taken Pitts.