Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

Im glad we have a mature/friendly/sensible fanbase here in the Vikings forum. Proud to be a part of this fan base.

There was actually one fan in that forum that wished cancer on somebody's mother in response to a non-GB Packer fan. 

But anyways, a GB Packers loss almost feels as good as a Vikings win. I really think that could be it for ARod in GB. In which case, the division is wide open. Although i dont feel like that should change what we do this offseason. But if say Brady is gone & ARod goes to Denver, the NFC could be had.

I think each forum has a couple bad apples (one has reared his head here the past few days), but by and large, we are fortunate. 

6 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Im glad we have a mature/friendly/sensible fanbase here in the Vikings forum. Proud to be a part of this fan base.

There was actually one fan in that forum that wished cancer on somebody's mother in response to a non-GB Packer fan. 

You also CONVENIENTLY ignored the fact that a Vikings' poster (or what I can assume is a Vikings' poster, and if he's not I do apologize) came in there to troll after another emotional loss.  What that poster said wasn't appropriate, but you can't choose to only discuss half the story.

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You also CONVENIENTLY ignored the fact that a Vikings' poster (or what I can assume is a Vikings' poster, and if he's not I do apologize) came in there to troll after another emotional loss.  What that poster said wasn't appropriate, but you can't choose to only discuss half the story.

sigh.... it's certainly not HALF the story if one poster came in there to be a fool, when the rest of us did not.

• Like 2

So, what do you guys think is a reasonable expectation for what the packers could expect in a trade with Rodgers? I've seen a lot of nonsense like 3 firsts plus a player, and I want nothing to do with him so I wouldn't give a late round pick for him. I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle, but I was curious what you guys think.

4 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

So, what do you guys think is a reasonable expectation for what the packers could expect in a trade with Rodgers? I've seen a lot of nonsense like 3 firsts plus a player, and I want nothing to do with him so I wouldn't give a late round pick for him. I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle, but I was curious what you guys think.

3 firsts for MVP caliber QB play is actually pretty reasonable, IMO. He'd need to sign an extension, but if you were Denver or Cleveland and needed a QB to get over the hump and compete with the top of your division for the next 2-4 years, that's a steep but mostly logical price to pay. 

5 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I’d say a 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2022 3rd, and a 2023 2nd. 

I don’t see a team trading a player, as the point of trading for Rodgers is that you already have the necessary roster in place. You wouldn’t want to weaken it by giving away another player. 

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

3 firsts for MVP caliber QB play is actually pretty reasonable, IMO. He'd need to sign an extension, but if you were Denver or Cleveland and needed a QB to get over the hump and compete with the top of your division for the next 2-4 years, that's a steep but mostly logical price to pay. 

The problem is Rodgers age. And I wouldn’t necessarily trust that he’d want to do it for 2-4 more years. He’s a bit of a wild card to predict. I’d look at what Carson Wentz got as a bare minimum.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The problem is Rodgers age. And I wouldn’t necessarily trust that he’d want to do it for 2-4 more years. He’s a bit of a wild card to predict. I’d look at what Carson Wentz got as a bare minimum.

Let's say Rodgers goes to Denver next season and finishes 3rd or 4th in the AFC West, missing the playoffs. I could absolutely see him hanging it up, rather than dealing with Mahomes and Herbert for another couple seasons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and becoming polarizing.

remember not all that long ago when Favre was seen as the polarizing diva, and Rodgers the clean young knight that would refocus priorities? my, how times do change...?

The 49ers passed on Aaron Rodgers and he still gave them 4 playoff wins 😂

• Like 4