Raiders sign CB Daryl Worley

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Reid is getting no where near starting money at this point. 

And Im not comparing them as players, just saying it's strange how a guy can get arrested for DUI, gun charge, and fighting with the police and get signed a week later - but Reid remains unsigned. I have a general beef with the NFL for that and not just the Raiders - I shouldve worded it differently. 

I was saying that it is what Reid WAS asking for which is why he went unsigned. Of course, he won't get it. That coupled with the fact that the safety market is slower than molasses  (23 of 44 signed) are the real reasons he is still on the market.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

2 or 4 games? first offense...didn't Donte Stallworth get 4 games for DUI and killing someone? 

Yeah we'll see. The team had to be confident that he had a reasonable chance to help if they signed him. Have to wait for more details on the deal and Worley's case.

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Eric Reid is overrated. Lost his starting spot last year and it’s unknown how much money he wants...

Eric Reid was one of the best players in the second/third levels for the 49ers last season so I don't know where you came to this conclusion. 

Also he's a safety so I don't get comparing him to Worley or Melvin.

13 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I was saying that it is what Reid WAS asking for which is why he went unsigned. Of course, he won't get it. That coupled with the fact that the safety market is slower than molasses  (23 of 44 signed) are the real reasons he is still on the market.

They aren't the real reasons and the Bengals owner pretty much proved what the real  reasons are that Eric Reid ain' signed yet. 

18 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

They aren't the real reasons and the Bengals owner pretty much proved what the real  reasons are that Eric Reid ain' signed yet. 

I believe kneeling is the reason the Bengals didn't sign him at this point but I don't think it is the main motivating factor in his unemployment of the off season. It is a contributing factor though.

21 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Come on with the victim stuff.  If Jalen Rasmey kneeled and was a FA would he get signed?

Reid is an inconstant/average safety, struggled against covering TE's, lacks recover ability when he makes a mistake and lacks versatility.    Those are some of the reasons he lost his job to Tartt and is currently unemployed. 

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Come on with the victim stuff.  If Jalen Rasmey kneeled and was a FA would he get signed?

Reid is an inconstant/average safety, struggled against covering TE's, lacks recover ability when he makes a mistake and lacks versatility.    Those are some of the reasons he lost his job to Tartt and is currently unemployed. 

What did the Bengals say? If one team signed him, he will be employed. One team has made it clear why they didnt sign him. What the hell are you babbling about. Salary and skill set is all assumptions y'll making. A team has made it perfectly clear why they didn' sign him. 

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This Reid started off his career good on the 49ers but is production really dipped over the years. He simply wasn’t good enough to start at safety on a bad 49er team. Maybe his mind too worried about other things and it has effected his game...Reid is all hype at this point 

Archived