2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

3 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Okay, so the WR holdovers are White, Bellamy, and Gentry.

Added:

Allan Robinson

Taylor Gabriel 

Benny Fowler

Marlon Brown

Demarcus Ayers

Anthony Miller

Javon Wims

Simmie Cobbs

And figure max 6 make the team.

So who still has concerns about WR?

We haven't kept 6 WR's since '14(?) so I doubt we will again this year given the nature of the offensive scheme which is not projected to use too much spread offenses so the 4's and 5's are only going to be used as situational/breathers(barring injury). I gotta believe with all of the possible injury concerns surrounding front-7 roster that atleast 2 of those "extra" spots will be allocated to these positions(14) and another on OL (7 or 8). 

I see it like this:

Robinson, Miller and Gabriel - I don't know, they might make the 53 but we'll see I guess.

White - Might be a wild-card but his contract and Pace's support alone almost gaurentees him a spot on the roster.

That leaves Bellamy, Fowler, Wims, Ayers, Brown and Gentry. Genrty, Brown and Ayers have almost no chance at this point -- especially the former of the 3. Which leaves Bellamy, Fowler and Wims to fight for the 5 spot. 

And to answer your question, no I'm not worried about the WR position, at this moment. But I do still have concerns about Robinson's injury in the future. 

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Allen was really good last year. He made PFF’s all MWC team. He likely projects to OG in the pros

Toliver has early round talent. Not sure what made him fall.

I figured Cobbs would sign here. He has a Bears tattoo for gods sake, and despite absolutely abusing Denzel Ward when they met last year, I doubt he sticks. Clearly they value speed offensively and Cobbs has none of it

Toliver fell due to attitude...apparently he is self entitled...maybe this humbles  him a bit and we just get the talent.

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, I think Burton’s going to line up outside more often than we all realize

Agreed. I said over 70% of his snaps will be while spread out.

All in all I am happy with the draft. I have no clue about some of the later guys but reading on them I see they clearly have a role they are being fit for and athletic traits, so I'm obviously going to trust Pace's scouts and the Bears' staff to pick guys with traits to be developed. There will be misses, but that is kinda how it is in late picks. lol

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

That didn't take long..... Ryan Nall running back apparently our first UDFA

Had him as our 7th rounder in my final mock. Should come in day one and compete for the starting FB position. Really solid fit there in Nagys O

This is the draft in the last decade that I am the most excited about.

The draft just makes sense, I think outside of the 4th round, they landed awesome values.

1. The draft was strong in the top 10 on defense and they did not reach for need, they took an elite defensive prospect.

2. The draft was strong in the 2nd round with interior OL and they saw the run happen and the stayed pat and landed a great scheme fit in Daniels and a dude who at 20 is strong enough to play in the NFL.

2. The draft was also loaded with 2nd round WR talent and they moved aggressively to get a great scheme fit and a player I love in Miller to complete the offensive overhaul. Why wait a year to draft a 2nd round WR? Get him in on the ground floor with Trubisky.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is the draft in the last decade that I am the most excited about.

The draft just makes sense, I think outside of the 4th round, they landed awesome values.

1. The draft was strong in the top 10 on defense and they did not reach for need, they took an elite defensive prospect.

2. The draft was strong in the 2nd round with interior OL and they saw the run happen and the stayed pat and landed a great scheme fit in Daniels and a dude who at 20 is strong enough to play in the NFL.

2. The draft was also loaded with 2nd round WR talent and they moved aggressively to get a great scheme fit and a player I love in Miller to complete the offensive overhaul. Why wait a year to draft a 2nd round WR? Get him in on the ground floor with Trubisky.

This can be a great draft but Smith must be a guy who elevates the Bears defense. I thought they were missing an impact LB.

I thought the Bears did well by drafting Daniels but think he would be better at  C with Whitehair at G.

Miller better be good because he was a guy the Bears targeted and traded a future 2nd rounder for him. As long as Miller is good though it doesn't matter when the 2nd is used.

I also like the Nichols pick as i think will compete and not give Bullard the job.

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s a lot of excitement for a camp leg lol 

Remember the draft game i tried starting last year?  Where like 9 of us submitted mock drafts?  And no one got a single pick correct in any round of the 9 or so mock drafts that were submitted?  Yeah, take what you can get and celebrate when you do.

Archived