MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

I really don't know where Lee goes from here. 155 or 170, he's looking like more of a one-trick pony each fight. Good wrestling, can hurt you with strikes, at least early on. But he doesn't really have a plan B, and he fades fast.

Part of his seemingly bad cardio is down to his poor striking defense. So many times you see him just standing there, head totally still while the other guy lands. He's just way too slow on his feet, not elusive at all.

Hope he stays at 170, even though it didn't bring the change he probably expected. But give him a lower ranked guy, maybe even one or two fights with guys outside the top 15. Gunnar Nelson, Tony Rocco Martin, Cowboy Oliveira are a few fights I like for him.

Highlight of the card had to be Michel Pereira, aka Johnny Walker Jr, right? That fight was crazy. Best thing was, the strikes he had best success with weren't crazy spinning sht, it was the straight right. Twice he rocked Roberts badly with that punch, including the finishing knockdown.

I want to see Pereira vs Mike Perry so damn badly.

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I really don't know where Lee goes from here. 155 or 170, he's looking like more of a one-trick pony each fight. Good wrestling, can hurt you with strikes, at least early on. But he doesn't really have a plan B, and he fades fast.

Part of his seemingly bad cardio is down to his poor striking defense. So many times you see him just standing there, head totally still while the other guy lands. He's just way too slow on his feet, not elusive at all.

Hope he stays at 170, even though it didn't bring the change he probably expected. But give him a lower ranked guy, maybe even one or two fights with guys outside the top 15. Gunnar Nelson, Tony Rocco Martin, Cowboy Oliveira are a few fights I like for him.

Yea he found out quickly he cant just outwrestle guys at 170 the way he did at 155. So he probably realizes he has no shot at a title anytime remotely soon unless he develops alot more. WW has way too many better wrestlers who are also better strikers 

Surprised no one brought up the piss poor performance of Vicente Luque. Dude what were you doing out there? Did you have a plan or was it just assuming you’re better so lets just go with that? I get it, you won but damn a loss like that(and the way it was looking early on you were in a lot of trouble) hurts badly at any chance of getting close to a top-15 fighter

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Surprised no one brought up the piss poor performance of Vicente Luque. Dude what were you doing out there? Did you have a plan or was it just assuming you’re better so lets just go with that? I get it, you won but damn a loss like that(and the way it was looking early on you were in a lot of trouble) hurts badly at any chance of getting close to a top-15 fighter

what? He got a finish within 4 minutes against a guy he had like 3 days to prepare for.

If that's the bar for performing badly, we're asking a lot of our fighters these days.

If you're saying he had a poor performance because he got caught early like he did (even though he survived that and won), you're watching the wrong sport.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:29 PM, pigsooie5 said:

Come on Dana let’s get a Nick Diaz V Jorge Masvidal. F the rankings what a draw that would be though!

Nick Diaz just took pics of him and Mushrooms the other day. He's not getting sanctioned and sure as **** not passing thru USADA.

Nick is finished as much as it sucks, that would be a dope fight