MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I’m not saying it isn’t a fallacy or the two are connected in the least....but we do have some crazy requests these asking to be recognized. The marrying your cat/tree isn’t exactly out of the rea of possibilities these days lol

Ok lol, but you get the overall point. Generally a slippery slope argument is a terrible one that you can make against anything because you can always take something and go to an extreme.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Ah, so the context matters? There's wiggle room there.. better add to the rules to make things more clear.

Get it?

The UFC will never make rules regarding how far a player can go with his trash talk. They understand why, even if ya'll don't.

I'm asking you what the comment was. Context very obviously matters. For example, "Canelo Alvarez is from Mexico" is obviously not an insult.

When you allow trash talk to go beyond where it should, you end up with what happened tonight, or worse.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Ah, so the context matters? There's wiggle room there.. better add to the rules to make things more clear.

Get it?

The UFC will never make rules regarding how far a player can go with his trash talk. They understand why, even if ya'll don't.

I'm not saying the UFC should make rules to ban certain trash talk. I just feel people should know certain things should be off limits. Trash talk your opponent but leave the family, religion stuff out of it IMO.

Just now, lancerman said:

Generally a slippery slope argument is a terrible one that you can make against anything because you can always take something and go to an extreme.

Generally it is.

But in the case of trash-talking, it's clear to anybody who thinks it through why banning "X-themed" trash talk is a ludicrous idea.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Ok lol, but you get the overall point. Generally a slippery slope argument is a terrible one that you can make against anything because you can always take something and go to an extreme.

Oh I agree....I just was saying we got some crazy ish going on these days lol

Just now, FinneasGage said:

what are yall even talking about lol? yall wild 

Certain people brought up that because McGregor's trash talk had ethnic and religious components it became far more personal to Khabib and he viewed it as close to a personal attack and hate speech against him and his people which added to the heightened emotions surrounding the fight. Then of course when you bring up anything sociological hear it turns into a mess.

Just now, lancerman said:

Certain people brought up that because McGregor's trash talk had ethnic and religious components it became far more personal to Khabib and he viewed it as close to a personal attack and hate speech against him and his people which added to the heightened emotions surrounding the fight. Then of course when you bring up anything sociological hear it turns into a mess.

so much fun **** is going on in the ufc right now and 80% of yall are engaging in a conversation about what's offensive and what's not? who gives af lol. we just saw some wild ****. the whole ufc got shook up. dillon danis is a celebrity now. khabib did a hulk smash. there's so much funner stuff to discuss lol.