All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

25 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Carmella, Alexa Bliss, IIconics, Mandy Rose and the Bellas have more air time than Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, Ember Moon and Naomi. The top pair of women are there for their looks that cant lace up the bottom pairs wrestling boots. I know Sasha is hurt again but thats besides the point. Asuka cant talk english that well but that didnt hinder her down in NXT. 

When the Bellas came back Brie was sloppy as hell. Any other superstar would of been buried. What happens to her? She comes out on SD and then on RAW the next week again. Does Vince not understand we are here for the wrestling not to oggle women. 

They are force feeding the Bellas like mad. Carmella and Bliss get shown some. But weeks go by where we dont see Mandy or the Aussies.

Most the Raw women were ruined by RRR showing up. That stamped an end to billing Bayley and Sasha as top faces. And is preventing Ember from climbing.

Then on SD, theyre pushing Becky yet again. Along with Charlotte. Then vomit inducing Paige gets plenty airtime. Not much oggling going on with that show.

I do think the opposite in they need more Mandy (cause she can wrestle and is always improving), and more eye candy looking women that can actually wrestle. They need some of that "oggle" aspect going to bring in new viewers. Viewership age has more than doubled, because they arnt bringing in youth like they once did. Also with the generic, watered down matches they have on SD and Raw. Anyone with any training can pull them off. So why not make them appealing?

But, yeah. Talent is getting massively wasted. Has been for ages. Eve Torres should have been putting on ZSJ quality matches with her background. And they had her pulling the generic WWE style her entire career.  The ones that can really go in the ring. Its a rare occasion theyre allowed to do so.  Sasha had a couple amazing matches with Charlotte. And nothing really remotely close since. Its like once a year they want to remind people that Sasha can go all out in the ring. And the rest of the time is cream puffing it.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:13 PM, pwny said:
On 9/22/2018 at 12:08 PM, Troy Brown said:

Imagine if TNA had actually put it's resources into Styles, Joe, Lethal, etc 

There was a point that they had those guys, Bobby Roode, Abyss, the Hardys, Christian, Anderson, the Dudleys, and had Flair, Hogan, Hall, Steiner and some others to cause serious nostalgic draw, and they did virtually nothing with that. What a mess that company has been.

TNA circa 09'-12' was my favorite period of wrestling ever 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They are force feeding the Bellas like mad. Carmella and Bliss get shown some. But weeks go by where we dont see Mandy or the Aussies.

Most the Raw women were ruined by RRR showing up. That stamped an end to billing Bayley and Sasha as top faces. And is preventing Ember from climbing.

Then on SD, theyre pushing Becky yet again. Along with Charlotte. Then vomit inducing Paige gets plenty airtime. Not much oggling going on with that show.

I do think the opposite in they need more Mandy (cause she can wrestle and is always improving), and more eye candy looking women that can actually wrestle. They need some of that "oggle" aspect going to bring in new viewers. Viewership age has more than doubled, because they arnt bringing in youth like they once did. Also with the generic, watered down matches they have on SD and Raw. Anyone with any training can pull them off. So why not make them appealing?

But, yeah. Talent is getting massively wasted. Has been for ages. Eve Torres should have been putting on ZSJ quality matches with her background. And they had her pulling the generic WWE style her entire career.  The ones that can really go in the ring. Its a rare occasion theyre allowed to do so.  Sasha had a couple amazing matches with Charlotte. And nothing really remotely close since. Its like once a year they want to remind people that Sasha can go all out in the ring. And the rest of the time is cream puffing it.

Bliss shouldnt have gotten the nod to face Trish over Sasha at Evolution. The chemistry that Sasha and Trish had at the RR was electric. Its always been Sasha's dream to face Trish. Its like Vince just doesnt like Sasha and always wants bleach blondes and eye candy being up in the top. Its been his MO forever.

While Mandy has improved and she definitely isnt bad to look at i feel it just feeds into what Vince wants. 

You can add Charlotte to the list of being forced down our throats. Asuka could have been huge if her undefeated streak was still intact. She needed the win more than Charlotte. The queen could have taken the loss to Asuka as an eye opener for her and could have taken it as she still needs works. Could have came back stronger than ever. Becky could of been the one to finally knock off Asuka and end the streak and she would of gotten over just by that. Then have Charlottes and Beckys feud. Instead of having 3 stars they have Asuka in comedic roles, Charlotte is getting to Roman levels of being pushed and no one else and Becky organically being over only for them to change her heel. Smh. One bad decision after another.

Wasted opportunity all over.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

No I started watching in 2004 and then have barely watched since 2013 besides occasional viewing 

If you have the network check out WCWs cruiserweight division. if you loved tna then that wcw cruiserweight division was the best wrestling week in and week out at that time

Was having a discussion with some friends....

who would you guys say are the top 5 superstars of all time if you take into account everything, such as in ring skills, mic skills, how over they were/are with the crowd, how they were in certain storylines...any and everything. It’s really hard for me to narrow it down to 5 

SCSA, Flair, Hogan, Andre i think have to be there, 5 is where I get a little lost, you have The Rock, Cena, Taker, HBK, etc

34 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

who would you guys say are the top 5 superstars of all time if you take into account everything, such as in ring skills, mic skills, how over they were/are with the crowd, how they were in certain storylines...any and everything. It’s really hard for me to narrow it down to 5 

SCSA, Flair, Hogan, Andre i think have to be there, 5 is where I get a little lost, you have The Rock, Cena, Taker, HBK, etc

My wrestling Mount Rushmore +1 goes like this

Naitch, SCSA, Hogan, Rock, Taker

59 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Bruno, Thesz, Buddy Rogers, Hogan and Andre.

Thesz was selling out arenas being the only match on the card. And it didnt matter if he was facing someone nobody has heard of. Over 3600 days as champion. NWA and WWWF were the most popular and broadcasted promotions in the world for a reason. Thesz built NWA, the world had to see him. And what moves he would pull off. Moves like the German Suplex and Powerbomb were his creations for the ring. Along with many others.

Add in Bruno and Buddy Rogers that were doing that too and helped usher wrestling into TV for WWWF. Captivating their region like no other. Each of the 3 provided a chokehold on their territory. Bruno was much like Austin, except Brunos populous was so rabid theyd have riots. He was The Beatles of Wrestling, without doubt.

Then Andre. And every place in the country was looking to have him booked to bring in crowds. For some of these promotions, they had to have Andre booked for shows just to survive and bring notice to their own wrestlers.

Then Hogan came along and helped crush the territories. Changing wrestling as we know it forever.

Rock, Austin, Flair, HBK and the likes. All were just players in the world that those guys built for them to play in.

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Saw the first segment of the show, but watched MNF after that. Did I miss anything good? I'm guessing no?

I saw the Steph/Corbin opening. Then Roman opening Raw for the 30th week in a row so switched to MNF myself. But I FF through the show just now, and stopped cause the final match seems intriguing. AOP w/Corbin vs Shield. Like this little boost AOP is finally getting. Now to watch the match.

You missed Diva Brie injure Liv yet i dont expect their to be any repercussions for her or her airtime. 

As far as the top 5 of all time as per your question of everything (ring skills, mic skills and storylines, etc) imo its SCSA, Rock, HBK, Taker and Flair. Its hard for me to put the older generations in here since they didnt get on the mic as much and thats what your question put as a prerequisite