All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Imagine if TNA had actually put it's resources into Styles, Joe, Lethal, etc 

There was a point that they had those guys, Bobby Roode, Abyss, the Hardys, Christian, Anderson, the Dudleys, and had Flair, Hogan, Hall, Steiner and some others to cause serious nostalgic draw, and they did virtually nothing with that. What a mess that company has been.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

There was a point that they had those guys, Bobby Roode, Abyss, the Hardys, Christian, Anderson, the Dudleys, and had Flair, Hogan, Hall, Steiner and some others to cause serious nostalgic draw, and they did virtually nothing with that. What a mess that company has been.

Jeff Jarrett, Vince Russo, Jim Cornette, Dixie Carter, Billy Corgan, Bruce Pritchard, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff... many of them at the same time. Woof

8 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Jeff Jarrett, Vince Russo, Jim Cornette, Dixie Carter, Billy Corgan, Bruce Pritchard, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff... many of them at the same time. Woof

Just not good. 

It seemed like every time I tuned in, they had another failed attempt at creating a new nWo faction too.

There was also that time that a main event heel storyline was built around Bubba Ray’s calves. Great stuff there. I think that one eventually morphed into a nWo knockoff too.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:13 PM, pwny said:

Hogan destroyed TNA with spending massive amounts of money on over the hill/ other WWE guys.

TNA also has Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley. It was one of my favorite wrestling times. 

If you haven’t, you should give Impact a shot . It’s a good show, very entertaining. They have a solid roster. 

Anyone having a hard time adjusting to the new ppvs? WWE is really throwing a lot of new material at us.  I am from the generation of RR, WrestleMania, SS, KOTR, HIAC, Survivor Series, etc.  

Crown Jewel, Evolution, Super Show, Greatest Royal Rumble, WTF? 

Hard keeping up.  

8 hours ago, Totty said:

Anyone having a hard time adjusting to the new ppvs? WWE is really throwing a lot of new material at us.  I am from the generation of RR, WrestleMania, SS, KOTR, HIAC, Survivor Series, etc.  

Crown Jewel, Evolution, Super Show, Greatest Royal Rumble, WTF? 

Hard keeping up.  

yea, a lot of these are gonna end up glorified house shows and are clear money grabs.  I didn't mind if it was gonna just be evolution and one in saudi cause i get they want to reach out globally to that part of the world but basically two in what will be a month is just dumb.

Though they are trying to build up the network, so i can't really fault them for putting live content on there while getting huge paydays to do it

15 minutes ago, tom cody said:

TNA could have been a lot more than what it is. No reason it couldn't have been at least a good mid level alternative to the WWE. 

i think where it shot itself in the foot was the sixth sided ring.  I get they wanted to stand out and be differnt but idk how many fans they lost early cause it was a bit too out there for the casual fan

On 9/22/2018 at 11:13 AM, pwny said:

At that point i actually enjoyed TNA over WWE. Hogan, EB and Dixie f'd everything up

41 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

What do you mean by that?

Carmella, Alexa Bliss, IIconics, Mandy Rose and the Bellas have more air time than Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, Ember Moon and Naomi. The top pair of women are there for their looks that cant lace up the bottom pairs wrestling boots. I know Sasha is hurt again but thats besides the point. Asuka cant talk english that well but that didnt hinder her down in NXT. 

When the Bellas came back Brie was sloppy as hell. Any other superstar would of been buried. What happens to her? She comes out on SD and then on RAW the next week again. Does Vince not understand we are here for the wrestling not to oggle women. 

Archived