All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Reads like a decent enough show to me, still yikes to Carmella retaining the women's title. Hoping Asuka finally wins it soon or Charlotte or Becky win. 

They just don't want her to win it on a non-big PPV. And probably not against Carmella, who is not being taken seriously as a champion. Asuka will win the belt, but it'll be over Charlotte or someone more menacing (could be Carmella in time). 

46 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Do you even like wrestling? I'm fine with you commenting on what you hate, but I've literally never seen a comment from you on here that wasn't layered in disdain.

That show wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't spectacular. They need to make a lot of changes and I think it'll start happening once Brock loses the belt. Oh, and ditch the brand split. Things get so stale so fast during these brand splits.

Idt that’s an accurate opinion. There’s a lot about WWE I do not like. There’s a ton to complain about, but I give credit where credit is due. Ik recently I praised Aiden English, the RAW segment with Lashley and Roman and a bit further the gauntlet match on SD. Hell, I actually liked most of Mania.

Im not nearly the only one who thinks the product is trash.

However, WWE doesn’t compare to NJPW, Lucha, ROH and Impact and with the roster that WWE has, it’s unacceptable. It’s unacceptable that most RAWs or SDs are completely worthless and boring.

9 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Monday, the best part of the night was the brawl between Roman and Lashley, hell, I was excited for the match. What do they do? Roman drags out every punch, every move and it’s slow as hell. That’s not the style us fans like anymore.

And let's not forget: Lashley and Reigns' match wasn't a #1 contender's match, so there's nothing stopping them from booking a rematch tonight on Raw and actually making it a #1 contender's match this time with Reigns winning. 

Just sayin'. 

19 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

And let's not forget: Lashley and Reigns' match wasn't a #1 contender's match, so there's nothing stopping them from booking a rematch tonight on Raw and actually making it a #1 contender's match this time with Reigns winning. 

Just sayin'. 

It’s going to happen, Bobby Lashley is not going to be the one who takes the belt from Brock, I’ll guarantee that.

30 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

It’s going to happen, Bobby Lashley is not going to be the one who takes the belt from Brock, I’ll guarantee that.

Of course it will. They're not gonna go out of their way to have Reigns get screwed twice out of the title and NOT get his rematch yet again, especially with Brock holding the belt hostage, which they can use to try to get fans on Regns' side. It'll fail, but they can try. If he doesn't, then color me shocked. 

Again, if WWE seriously thinks Reigns losing to Lashley is gonna get fans' sympathy, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to them. I don't buy that rumor for one second.

11 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Again, if WWE seriously thinks Reigns losing to Lashley is gonna get fans' sympathy, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to them. I don't buy that rumor for one second.

I don't think they care. And why should they? They finally gave the fans what they wanted last night. Reigns wrestled in the middle of the card and lost clean. The best match on paper with two of the smark favorites was given the main event slot and 30 minutes to work. And the crowd was trying to get themselves over and doing the garbage countdown clock within minutes of the match starting. If that's the message the "WWE Universe" is going to send, might as well just go back to Plan A where everyone makes Roman look strong.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't think they care. And why should they? They finally gave the fans what they wanted last night. Reigns wrestled in the middle of the card and lost clean. The best match on paper with two of the smark favorites was given the main event slot and 30 minutes to work. And the crowd was trying to get themselves over and doing the garbage countdown clock within minutes of the match starting. If that's the message the "WWE Universe" is going to send, might as well just go back to Plan A where everyone makes Roman look strong.

I'm glad Lashley won, but like I said, it wasn't a #1 contender's match, so it doesn't rule out a rematch on Raw tonight with an actual title shot on the line with Reigns coming out on top. In fact, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. Funny how they'd decide to cave in now after 4 years when everything was clearly set up for Reigns to get another crack at Lesnar at SummerSlam; the controversial finish where Reigns actually won the steel cage match at the GRR, but got screwed on a judgment call by the referee and then getting screwed out of another title shot by Jinder and getting the last laugh in their feud, and then Lesnar holding the belt hostage and threatening to leave for UFC in the midst of it all. 

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I'm glad Lashley won, but like I said, it wasn't a #1 contender's match, so it doesn't rule out a rematch on Raw tonight with an actual title shot on the line with Reigns coming out on top. In fact, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. Funny how they'd decide to cave in now after 4 years when everything was clearly set up for Reigns to get another crack at Lesnar at SummerSlam; the controversial finish where Reigns actually won the steel cage match at the GRR, but got screwed on a judgment call by the referee and then getting screwed out of another title shot by Jinder and getting the last laugh in their feud.

Oh yeah, I fully expect Raw to end tonight with Reigns pinning Lashley to face Lesnar at SS. And the fans will hate it (and honestly, that's fine, it's been done to death). I've never been big on crowds trying to get themselves over, but at least when it was directed at one target, some sort of argument could have been made. 

I'm honestly just bitter about the Pittsburgh crowd. All the arguments about fans hijacking shows in protest of Reigns being in the main event went out the window. People can talk about the pacing of the ME, which yeah, could've been better, but that crowd was begging for attention long before any pacing issues began. If a Rollins/Ziggler ironman match to close a show isn't going to get the crowd into a main event, why even bother?

Archived