All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

WWE being believable sailed a long time ago. Mahal just had a 7 month title run....

Where he barely had a single credible (non-dirty) win and the only opponent (other than AJ who ended up being the one to take the strap off him) with any kind of legit bonafidas that suggested he shouldn't be able to just hang with them was Orton.  And don't try to bring Nakamura to the table on this because he hadn't been built as anything huge on the main roster.  The Jinder situation isn't even remotely close to putting someone who has never held a single title over Brock freakin' Lesnar and all he's been built up to be for (at least as it's billed) the tippy-top title in the company.  Nowhere near close.  Seriously, what's the most impressive win of Elias' term on the main roster?   And he doesn't even have the NXT cachet to fall back on, yet we're supposed to buy the Brock wouldn't run through him in 5 minutes?

Genuinely, Miz would have a better case.  Hell, Kofi would have a better case.  Elias isn't world championship material yet.  No one is going to pay to see him main event a major card - and that's how you have to look at every world champion.  (and yes, there were international crowds that would and gladly did pay to see Jinder as a world champion - the "America vs the Outsider" storyline tends to play the opposite way outside of continental America)  I'd also, honestly, say that Elias is a gimmick change or tweak away from being world champion material - akin to Cena when he was the Doctor of Thuganomics, which (again, being honest) while entertaining was not a world champion gimmick.  I'd wage dollars to donuts that Drew McIntyre is a world champion before Elias is, particularly if the two remain on the same brand and are two options to be chosen between.

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Where he barely had a single credible (non-dirty) win and the only opponent (other than AJ who ended up being the one to take the strap off him) with any kind of legit bonafidas that suggested he shouldn't be able to just hang with them was Orton.  And don't try to bring Nakamura to the table on this because he hadn't been built as anything huge on the main roster.  The Jinder situation isn't even remotely close to putting someone who has never held a single title over Brock freakin' Lesnar and all he's been built up to be for (at least as it's billed) the tippy-top title in the company.  Nowhere near close.  Seriously, what's the most impressive win of Elias' term on the main roster?   And he doesn't even have the NXT cachet to fall back on, yet we're supposed to buy the Brock wouldn't run through him in 5 minutes?

Genuinely, Miz would have a better case.  Hell, Kofi would have a better case.  Elias isn't world championship material yet.  No one is going to pay to see him main event a major card - and that's how you have to look at every world champion.  (and yes, there were international crowds that would and gladly did pay to see Jinder as a world champion - the "America vs the Outsider" storyline tends to play the opposite way outside of continental America)  I'd also, honestly, say that Elias is a gimmick change or tweak away from being world champion material - akin to Cena when he was the Doctor of Thuganomics, which (again, being honest) while entertaining was not a world champion gimmick.  I'd wage dollars to donuts that Drew McIntyre is a world champion before Elias is, particularly if the two remain on the same brand and are two options to be chosen between.

I agree completely with the Elias part. His current gimmick doesn’t say world champion. I wish he would incorporate some of his original ‘drifter’ gimmick which I thought had a lot of potential.

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

its a perfect storyline of blending reality with kayfabe. WWE can even play the whole "Lesnar didnt do right so we made him lose to this jobber". It would work. 

LU was kinda a letdown last night. Expected a huge Pentagon-Cage match. And got an 8 minute spotfest that looked like it was made to be in the 2nd hour of Raw.

Johnny Mundo vs that Snake guy was an entertaining match. Big fellow is about size and shape of Corbin, yet allowed to pull off actual moves.

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

100% true. There’s literally nothing interesting and important going on.

Yup. Lately when I've put on Raw or Smackdown, I end up paying attention to maybe 10-15% of the show. Which is a shame, cause they definitely have the talent to put out a good product on a weekly basis. There's just so many boring and meaningless feuds and segments occurring every week.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yup. Lately when I've put on Raw or Smackdown, I end up paying attention to maybe 10-15% of the show. Which is a shame, cause they definitely have the talent to put out a good product on a weekly basis. There's just so many boring and meaningless feuds and segments occurring every week.

Ive been Raw free for 2-3 weeks now. But during Smackdown this week. I randomly got up to put clothes in the drier and other things, then completely forgetting about it. My neighbor asked if I saw the Hardy match. I didnt recall one, so checked the DVR, and I had missed the last hour of the show and didnt even notice. lol

54 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It’s probably the most talent rich roster they’ve ever had. There are so many talented guys who can be ME guys. 

Impact, Lucha and NJPW ( best wrestling in the world) are all worlds better. Like I said previously, if nothing changes by football I’m done with it. I’m sick of wasting my time every week.

22 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Steph to be at Raw to make "Historic" announcement.

Any guesses as to what it will be?

My guess. Womens tag titles. Since anything the women have done the past 2-3 years gets called "Historic" for no reason whatsoever.

All female ppv 

Archived