All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

20 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I think with the Women's only PPV, they are going to announce some additional belts for it. I don't think you have do a full pay-per-view where you are just having women's matches without something new being on the line and without more than two matches really mattering. I could see them doing tag division for either Smackdown or Raw that has a series of matches throughout the night and/or starting a mid card belt on the other brand. I don't know if they'd do two new belts, but they could, close to the pay-per-view, a tourney with the finals for the mid card belt and then a "surprise" announcement of tag belts starting that night. That's what I'm hoping for anyways.

Doubt they do a tournament.  They probably end up doing a fatal-fourway or something of that nature with a team from RAW, a team from Smackdown, a team from NXT, and a team from either NXT UK (which would basically be current competitors in the second Mae Classic) or a team of "Divas" (womens legends - like Trish and Lita or LayCool).  But I agree, as long as Hunter is the one with the reins for this, they'll introduce women's tag team titles and crown the inaugural champions at this PPV (it's in October, they've got plenty of time to build to it).

18 hours ago, tom cody said:

Will be interesting to see how they do the women's only PPV. Don't think they do a tag belt for the women but a secondary diva's title for 1 or both brands would make sense. 

Dear God, no, please!  They don't have the female roster size to support two more titles and they're only featuring, on a good night, 2 women's matched per TV show - the answer is not more singles belts.  One set of women's tag belts that bridge between both brands can work, but more singles titles are like the last thing the company needs.

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I can't stand watching the WWE misuse The Miz. Hes the best heel they have, and they wont let him get the main belt. Its tragic. 

I totally think that the next heel champion will be The Miz. AJ Styles is the best thing going in the WWE right now in the ring. Hard to argue keeping the belt on him. Now if they had AJ drop the belt to someone stupid, yeah, I'd be annoyed. But I think they have a clear plan for The Miz long-term. I'm willing to bet he's the SD champion going into Wrestlemania. He's going to somehow beat Bryan at SummerSlam and the rematch will end up taking place at Wrestlemania, where Bryan takes the belt off The Miz. Somewhere around Survivor Series/Royal Rumble we'll see The Miz go over AJ. That's my prediction.

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I can't stand watching the WWE misuse The Miz. Hes the best heel they have, and they wont let him get the main belt. Its tragic. 

Samoa Joe die or something?  I mean, yes, Miz is a great heel, but Joe is the best heel in the company right now.

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Joe isnt even close to the heel that Miz is

Put the pipe down.

Oh wait... you're also the one who thinks that authenticity and believability is dead because... Jinder.  Sorry, but Joe eats Miz's breakfast, lunch, dinner, and baby mama when it comes to being a better heel.

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

Put the pipe down.

Oh wait... you're also the one who thinks that authenticity and believability is dead because... Jinder.  Sorry, but Joe eats Miz's breakfast, lunch, dinner, and baby mama when it comes to being a better heel.

Does Joe even play a heel role?

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Does Joe even play a heel role?

Are you even watching wrestling?

He legitimately just blindsided the babyface champion to choke him out and sign a contract for a title shot (which, the way the story was presented, may or may not have been intended for him).  That's straight heel.  Stop going off of crowd reaction, that has absolutely nothing to do with the character that the wrestler is being told/booked or choosing to play.

But sure, let's pretend like these things didn't happen:

tumblr_or7ysr7Ukf1v5ue77o8_400.gif

tumblr_ohhhm1A13X1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

980x.gif

Miz and Joe are different types of heels, but the heel who makes it believable that he can and will step into the ring and might damn well murder the guy across from him is always going to be superior to the chickencrap heel (no matter how well he plays it) who people believe that, if he's going to win, he's going to have to cheat in some way to do it.  The cheating is still the option for the former, not because he has to but because he can.  The later's character presents that he pretty much has to which weakens the credibility.  I'm not trying to say that Miz isn't a great heel, he is, but Joe is better because he doesn't require as much suspension of disbelief and blurs the lines way better.

LU with a solid show this week. Jake Strong with his 4th appearance... Unreal how WWE had no clue how to use the guy properly for years. Hes got his gig nailed perfect for him as it could be in LU.

Currently watching Impact. Half the show the sounds been horrible. And not much a fan of the backsetting being a ramp, and how the camera is trying to be 2 feet away from everything. Guess theyre trying new things to see what works and looks best. Still kinda nerve racking atm though. Decent show otherwise, alot better than anything WWEs done in a while.

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm sure the woman's ppv will do way better than whatever the hell would normally be on Sunday night wwe network anyhow 

The scrapped Night of Champions for it.  Which is fine, because there was literally nothing - particularly since the PPV's are co-branded now - that made Night of Champions any different than any other generic PPV.  That said, moving forward after this one, I'm hopeful they'll put Evolution (or whatever the all-women's PPV gets permanently named) in the September slot starting next year and bring back Halloween Havoc in October; doubtful it happens, since Great American Bash was the only WCW-branded PPV Vince ever brought through, but a man can dream.

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

LU with a solid show this week. Jake Strong with his 4th appearance... Unreal how WWE had no clue how to use the guy properly for years. Hes got his gig nailed perfect for him as it could be in LU.

Currently watching Impact. Half the show the sounds been horrible. And not much a fan of the backsetting being a ramp, and how the camera is trying to be 2 feet away from everything. Guess theyre trying new things to see what works and looks best. Still kinda nerve racking atm though. Decent show otherwise, alot better than anything WWEs done in a while.

Agree to disagree on Impact.  It's been solid and considerably better considering the low-bar that pre-Don-Callous-Impact had set, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been demonstrably better than Smackdown has been, and it certainly hasn't been better than NXT has been (which has been straight fire for the past month).

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

The scrapped Night of Champions for it.  Which is fine, because there was literally nothing - particularly since the PPV's are co-branded now - that made Night of Champions any different than any other generic PPV.  That said, moving forward after this one, I'm hopeful they'll put Evolution (or whatever the all-women's PPV gets permanently named) in the September slot starting next year and bring back Halloween Havoc in October; doubtful it happens, since Great American Bash was the only WCW-branded PPV Vince ever brought through, but a man can dream.

Never kno.  War games is a yearly nxt thing now 

Archived