All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

41 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Your champ not showing up, and leaving makes your product look second rate you imbisals. They’re making themselves look bad

Anything to try (and fail) to get Roman over.

Whatever, just get it over with so we don't have to worry about the face of the company showing up when he wants to.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't watch the Show, Paul, why would I watch the show

god i would prefer bossman showing up at funerals over this 

Downed a spoon full of icecream fractions of a second before reading that, luckily enough.

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Anything to try (and fail) to get Roman over.

Whatever, just get it over with so we don't have to worry about the face of the company showing up when he wants to.

Right. My god, it’s been a year plus! They’ve been developing this story for a year plus, to make Roman ‘ the guy’ and it’s not working. He’s still going to get booed. This is one of , if not the biggest flops of all time.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Right. My god, it’s been a year plus! They’ve been developing this story for a year plus, to make Roman ‘ the guy’ and it’s not working. He’s still going to get booed. This is one of , if not the biggest flops of all time.

Vinces logic. If a majority of the fans not liking it stop watching and showing up. That could leave half those remaining cheering him. Worked with Cena.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Vinces logic. If a majority of the fans not liking it stop watching and showing up. That could leave half those remaining cheering him. Worked with Cena.

Outside of the Balor match, it was a completely wasted 3 hours. I’m trying to hold on until football season, but it’s getting worse 

11 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Exactly. All it's doing is getting Lesnar booed, which will be short-lived, anyway. And making their product look second rate, can't forget that one. xD

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

I like Reigns but the guy shouldn't be the FOTC. It's not working. A guy like Rollins makes more sense to me as FOTC. 

Roman - the character that's presented - shouldn't be the face of the company, it's legitimately too on the nose that it's self-defeatist.  Roman (Joe) himself is a fantastic face of the company, but they won't let him be himself because his real life personality (outside of his relationship with his wife and kid) is pretty damn heelish - as it is for most Samoans.  Vince is still trying to sell 1980's concepts (it's not Cena, it's Hogan) almost 40 years later and I don't really think that concept is marketable.

Roman Reigns can work as a babyface and it wouldn't even require a heel turn first to accomplish, but he needs major editing and Vince, I honestly believe, doesn't grasp how to accomplish that.  For lack of a better word, he's too cute.  And Roman is not a guy that carries polish well.  And yet, he could still be a face of the company type of babyface in a Daniel Cormier model.  "You wanna hate me, hate me, but you only hate because you can't beat me."  That said, if you're going to run with that sort of gimmick with a Samoan brawler, you've got to expand his moveset (because it's really a gimmick better suited to guys with more technical backgrounds who can control where the "fight" takes place).  I think Roman may be the first Samoan I've seen that doesn't have a headbutt in his moveset... like.. what... the... hell?  Samoans also don't present as the type that should be doing things like hope spots or doing Ricky Morton levels of selling before mounting the miraculous comeback.  I don't know what producers are laying out Roman's matches, but they sure as heck around the same that was laying out babyface Rock's.  And no, Roman doesn't have anywhere near Rock's promo abilities, but he is very much capable of going in the ring in the same manner Rock did as a babyface, (that doesn't mean working the exact same as Rock did, but working similar match structures).  Honestly, if Roman's a babyface, his matches should be structured really similar to (non-DX) babyface Triple H matches.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Roman - the character that's presented - shouldn't be the face of the company, it's legitimately too on the nose that it's self-defeatist.  Roman (Joe) himself is a fantastic face of the company, but they won't let him be himself because his real life personality (outside of his relationship with his wife and kid) is pretty damn heelish - as it is for most Samoans.  Vince is still trying to sell 1980's concepts (it's not Cena, it's Hogan) almost 40 years later and I don't really think that concept is marketable.

Roman Reigns can work as a babyface and it wouldn't even require a heel turn first to accomplish, but he needs major editing and Vince, I honestly believe, doesn't grasp how to accomplish that.  For lack of a better word, he's too cute.  And Roman is not a guy that carries polish well.  And yet, he could still be a face of the company type of babyface in a Daniel Cormier model.  "You wanna hate me, hate me, but you only hate because you can't beat me."  That said, if you're going to run with that sort of gimmick with a Samoan brawler, you've got to expand his moveset (because it's really a gimmick better suited to guys with more technical backgrounds who can control where the "fight" takes place).  I think Roman may be the first Samoan I've seen that doesn't have a headbutt in his moveset... like.. what... the... hell?  Samoans also don't present as the type that should be doing things like hope spots or doing Ricky Morton levels of selling before mounting the miraculous comeback.  I don't know what producers are laying out Roman's matches, but they sure as heck around the same that was laying out babyface Rock's.  And no, Roman doesn't have anywhere near Rock's promo abilities, but he is very much capable of going in the ring in the same manner Rock did as a babyface, (that doesn't mean working the exact same as Rock did, but working similar match structures).  Honestly, if Roman's a babyface, his matches should be structured really similar to (non-DX) babyface Triple H matches.

To add on to this, he’s not as smart, adaptive as other top guys. He can’t ad lib stuff like the greats.

but ya, he’s not a likeable guy

25 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

To add on to this, he’s not as smart, adaptive as other top guys. He can’t ad lib stuff like the greats.

but ya, he’s not a likeable guy

not fair to say this imo, no one is allowed to beside maybe jericho and the miz. 

i am a roman apologist, yes, but the guy is good in the ring, he's fine on the mic for what it is, and he's very clearly a product of the state of WWE and it's not a great state.

but as far as last night goes, i enjoyed the end segment. for the first time in a long time, brock feels like an actual heel. 

Archived