Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

7 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Gute really is a big BPA guy, talks a lot about it in his pressers.

That is likely the case for just about every GM, standard GM speak.

Or they could say....."we felt he was the 15th best player available, wanted to mix it up a bit and reach on a player".

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Then they are idiots which I hope isnt the case. I think we just went by the board and the pass rusher class is very weak. We should be able to grab and few Day 3 guys and hope one sticks, but at this point I'd resign Brooks (if healthy) or add another stop gap player for 2018. For me, thats a must at this point. We have the money so it shouldn't be a problem. 

Yeah, I agree. Getting Jackson in round 2 wasn't an absolute must, but he really looked like the BAP. Same with round 3. It's not like we passed up a bunch of EDGE rushers to take another backup QB. I think we'd all agree that getting gashed on checkdown receivers was a problem last year, so hopefully Burks grows into a guy that can cover those sorts of players.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would you guys trade our picks and the 2019 saints first for Cleveland's picks so far?

Mayfield is on the bench, plus Ward, Corbett, Chubb, and Thomas?  No, I'll take our defensive upgrade in a heartbeat.    

The Packers had a questionable at best pass defense going into this.  We just got 2 out of the top 4 CB's and a fast hybrid linebacker.  I'm pretty pleased with what we got so far.  Time to fill in the rest with the receivers, o-line and a pass rushing diamond in the rough.   

I'm just watching RB videos to pass the time. I didn't bother this year considering we drafted 3 last year.

I have to say this...Guice sucks.

Zero vision, one speed, lack of burst and COD ability. Yuck. What the heck was the Redskins thinking drafting him? O.o

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would you guys trade our picks and the 2019 saints first for Cleveland's picks so far?

Do I have to keep all of them or can I trade them? Haha

I would say no. Gap from Ward to Jaire isn't huge. I see no need for Chubb, Mayfield and I really dislike Chad Thomas.

Corbett is the only pick I really liked so far.

I'm not sure if its 'entertainment lover tredpack' or 'football fan tredpack' talking but I really like the way the Packers maneuvered this years draft. May not be gahgah over Burks, but I still like the conviction of trading up multiple times to get the player we want. Really excited to see this defense. Should be a lot faster. 

7 minutes ago, buckyMBA said:

Am  I crazy in still wanting Nick Nelson,  CB Wisconsin. He’s grabby but was one of the best players I’ve seen at Camp Randell in that secondary.

At this point, yes.  We have already invested in the position and wouldn't want to use another pick on the position.  If he drops to the 6th round, maybe then, otherwise we have too many other holes to fill.  

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do I have to keep all of them or can I trade them? Haha

I would say no. Gap from Ward to Jaire isn't huge. I see no need for Chubb, Mayfield and I really dislike Chad Thomas.

Corbett is the only pick I really liked so far.

Have to keep em ha

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

IMO the only WR left on the board who helps Day 1 is Hamilton. After him you are looking at project players. I'd try to move up again (use our 4th compensatory and first 5th) to try to go get him. Either way, I will be thoroughly disappointed if Gute doesnt add a veteran WR between now and camp. 

Going into camp with Allison as perimeter WR 2 is almost as bad as MD Jennings starting at safety.

If I was GB I wouldn’t care. New England this, don’t go out of your way to keep giving Rodgers receiver help. He is about to make crazy money... it’s on him to figure out the offense.

Get the defense right... that will truly help Rodgers.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

IMO the only WR left on the board who helps Day 1 is Hamilton. After him you are looking at project players. I'd try to move up again (use our 4th compensatory and first 5th) to try to go get him. Either way, I will be thoroughly disappointed if Gute doesnt add a veteran WR between now and camp. 

Going into camp with Allison as perimeter WR 2 is almost as bad as MD Jennings starting at safety.

I think Deon Cain and St. Brown could as well.  Maybe not as much as Daesean Hamilton, but still could help.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

No and that's saying something. I'm really disappointed in Dorsey's first draft. He had a ton of capital to turn that franchise around this year and I'm not sure he acted as efficiently as he could have. 

Archived