Baker Mayfield No. 1

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Think Rosen was deemed "most NFL-Ready"

Mayfield only because he stayed in school so long.

Older, supposedly more mature,

Hold up...Now I agree on Rosen...but you're saying Mayfield is only "ready" because he was in school longer?

Dude. No.

There's a hell of lot more that goes into that statement than staying "in school so long."

Mayfield demonstrated elite NFL-caliber poise, composure, accuracy, impressive football IQ - with playbooks, reading defenses, audibles - and SO much more in a number of areas. Did he acquire these things because he stayed in school longer? Absolutely, but to limit a guy's high regard to staying in school longer is an insult to him, and quite possibly your intelligence or bias. I'll have to keep a closer eye on your posts from here on out to determine which.

No offense to you, sir. But to be fair, your post is egregious. 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:
1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Think Rosen was deemed "most NFL-Ready"

Mayfield only because he stayed in school so long.

Older, supposedly more mature,

yeah Rosen was the most ready.

I've heard both, Mayfield and Rosen. I thoroughly believe Mayfield was (is) the most ready even though it is more of a guess than anything. He is the most accurate and he has a stronger arm than everyone in the class minus Allen. His #1 flaw was his height, others may say it was his offensive scheme or the defenses he played but he succeeded more than anyone ever has in his position and if you take away those things and see the arm strength, accuracy and the way he leads an offense you won't really put too much thought into those "flaws". This isn't some QB with a popgun arm making easy throws this is a QB that throws with a lot of zip and a lot of accuracy. He seemed to go through reads the best of the QBs while in the pocket, Darnold did the best outside of the pocket.

That pretty much all adds up to, in my opinion, the most NFL ready QB.

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

When do you think the media starts to talk about getting Baker in?

What do you consider to be "talk" about Baker's hypothetical entrance into games? Cus bruh, we been hearin the noise now for what basically feels like months.

Ultimately, I think Tyrod's performance today has settled that talk as much as it could possibly be settled, because it will never fully be lifted from media discussion. But he managed the game in typical Tyrod fashion. That 4th down TD to Callaway alone probably bought him a few weeks at the helm.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

What do you consider to be "talk" about Baker's hypothetical entrance into games? Cus bruh, we been hearin the noise now for what basically feels like months.

Ultimately, I think Tyrod's performance today has settled that talk as much as it could possibly be settled, because it will never fully be lifted from media discussion. But he managed the game in typical Tyrod fashion. That 4th down TD to Callaway alone probably bought him a few weeks at the helm.

Man, that pass was 100% hail mary. It better not give him a few weeks. He consistently looked bad in his throws all night that were past ten yards.

The media is weird. They decided Tyrod was the leader of men pretty early and consistently heap praise on Taylor. I heard some comments that seemed the beginning of the hive mind's mass exodus from Taylor support. I expect the media to talk more about Baker, whom they've mostly been ignoring despite his draft position, up to this point. That's been my perception, at least.

Tyrod made too many mental mistakes this week. The sack where he tried to spin out of it really annoyed me. If he went forward he could of ran or passed. The int was his best kizer impersonation he stared that down for a long time. 

Unless tyrod looks like a top 10 nfl qb this week I am ready to move onto Baker m. 

I liked some of haley's game and hated some of it as well. He could do a better job getting more involved. Running and passing. I hated the 3rd and short play where it was a 1-2 man route. 

Ideally we wait with Baker let him get till atleast after the bye week to sit and learn. I think it’s a matter of the offense catching up before we put Baker out there. Let Harrison and the OL jell. Let Chubb and Njuko start contributing more. Let everyone have a decent Knowledge of the playbook before we throw him out there. Let’s face it we’re prob another offseason way before we start talking about playoffs. I’ve been all for Baker going out there but after yesterday. This team doesn’t even know how to win yet. I’m not throwing Baker out there to get him beat up. 

IMO it doesn't matter much long term but everyone in the world knows Baker is the best qb on the team right now, including tyrod. Probably why he is playing too uptight.

If he cant handle the pressure then the team is just going to be held back. The blocking is fine, the receivers are good, the rbs solid. Once baker gets in there all the sudden njoku duke and others are going to be uplifted. Landry could feast if baker doesnt want to spread the love.

In the mean time it will be fun watching the defense. Hue is costing himself a job tho the longer he stays with taylor and bs kickers.

Speaking of Njoku, he’s been a terrible disappointment so far this year. Yes I know it’s early. But he’s dropped passes when Taylor has gone to him, and he hasn’t really jumped out as freeing up and getting open. Taylor has been bad, but we need way more out of him and that position. He drops passes the common civilian would catch in their backyard.

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Speaking of Njoku, he’s been a terrible disappointment so far this year. Yes I know it’s early. But he’s dropped passes when Taylor has gone to him, and he hasn’t really jumped out as freeing up and getting open. Taylor has been bad, but we need way more out of him and that position. He drops passes the common civilian would catch in their backyard.

Not disagreeing that he’s been disappointing, but I don’t like how they’ve used him either.

Haley is calling plays for him like he’s Mark Bavaro or something.  They need to get him one on one with and get him vertical.

He and Calloway are really the only two regulars who can stretch a defense and they need to let him do that more.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I've heard both, Mayfield and Rosen. I thoroughly believe Mayfield was (is) the most ready even though it is more of a guess than anything. He is the most accurate and he has a stronger arm than everyone in the class minus Allen. His #1 flaw was his height, others may say it was his offensive scheme or the defenses he played but he succeeded more than anyone ever has in his position and if you take away those things and see the arm strength, accuracy and the way he leads an offense you won't really put too much thought into those "flaws". This isn't some QB with a popgun arm making easy throws this is a QB that throws with a lot of zip and a lot of accuracy. He seemed to go through reads the best of the QBs while in the pocket, Darnold did the best outside of the pocket.

That pretty much all adds up to, in my opinion, the most NFL ready QB.

To me it was Rosen because he was coached by a former NFL coach and had an OC that adapted an NFL offensive to fit his college team. To me More and Fisch made Rosen more NFL ready

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I agree to a point but it has only been two games. I’ve dropped good players in fantasy over the years because they looked bad early on and Then turned into studs the rest of the year. If the first half of the season goes like these first two games than I’ll be very disappointed in him.

also to defend him, in the backyard, you don’t have the pressure of making a huge play in a big spot or worrying about if a safety or LB is going to take you out. 

Just like ppl think they are special now cause they went to the back yard or the street and kicked field goals and boast it’s not that hard Zane in their video. To me being a kicker might be one of the toughest jobs on the team. Just sucks for him, I liked Zane but that dude needs to be replaced  

Another thing about Njoku, which I mentioned yesterday too, is that he could still be in college. 

Dude just turned 22.

His best football is ahead of him, we just need to be patient.

This is the issue with new coaches, new QB’s, new everything every year, it takes time for people to get to know each other.

Archived