Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Boy I don't buy that for one second. I watched every Browns game last year and our biggest problem was playing our corners so far off the ball. We got dink n dunked to death. Like...every game. All game long. I don't have the statistics to back it up, but I would all but guarantee you that we were in the bottom 5 in terms of how often we were in press coverage.

I understand what you are saying. Just telling you what was said.

Man, how good would the Houston trade look (as far as who WE would ha e taken, not who they took) if we had taken a good player in 2017? Not giving up on Jabrill, but we could've had Tre'Davioud White, TJ Watt, or Ryan Ramcyk (and those are only the guys taken within 6 picks of Peppers). I loved Sashi and the FO but thats looking likely to be a major miss.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Man, how good would the Houston trade look (as far as who WE would ha e taken, not who they took) if we had taken a good player in 2017? Not giving up on Jabrill, but we could've had Tre'Davioud White, TJ Watt, or Ryan Ramcyk (and those are only the guys taken within 6 picks of Peppers). I loved Sashi and the FO but thats looking likely to be a major miss.

its hard to call that a major miss when they had Peppers playing out of position. Dorsey and Co. saw that and made sure to make the proper moves to help him. 

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Boy I don't buy that for one second. I watched every Browns game last year and our biggest problem was playing our corners so far off the ball. We got dink n dunked to death. Like...every game. All game long. I don't have the statistics to back it up, but I would all but guarantee you that we were in the bottom 5 in terms of how often we were in press coverage.

This is 100 percent facts.

The Packers game was brutal.  3rd and 3, corners 12 yards off, 5 yard route completed for a first down. Repeatedly.

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

its hard to call that a major miss when they had Peppers playing out of position. Dorsey and Co. saw that and made sure to make the proper moves to help him. 

Agreed. 

It’s hilarious when folks crap on Peppers but defend the coaching staff when it was the coaching staff who took a box player and played him 25 yards from the LOS.

13 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I gotta give Sashi/Berry the benefit of the doubt here before burying the pick. I think we need to see Peppers this season before rushing to judgement. Now he'll actually have some help back there in the secondary (assuming Randall takes to playing FS and Ward does what he's supposed to do) and Williams should be able to play his actual defense instead of try to scheme not to get blown up for a TD every single play. Kid had talent coming out of college, but most of the secondary around him had no business being NFL starters - now Peppers finally gets to showcase it.

13 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

yeah lets see what happens when he plays close to thel ine.  remember polamalu also sucked majorly year one, so did danny shelton.  players can gro.  

Basically, it's going to come down to:

Would you rather have:

DeShaun Watson 

OR

Peppers AND Ward

Since we have Baker at #1, he's sort of evaluated too, but if you're going to give us Baker as leverage, I'd also throw either Barkley or Chubb in addition to that comparison as we'd have gone BPA position player and not QB at #1. Also, Watson probably gives us a few wins and we may not be picking #1 overall.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Basically, it's going to come down to:

Would you rather have:

DeShaun Watson 

OR

Peppers AND Ward

Since we have Baker at #1, he's sort of evaluated too, but if you're going to give us Baker as leverage, I'd also throw either Barkley or Chubb in addition to that comparison as we'd have gone BPA position player and not QB at #1. Also, Watson probably gives us a few wins and we may not be picking #1 overall.

its going to come down for you for that question
but its been leaked that they would have taken hooker.  watson wasnt in that question.

hooker or peppers & ward

what did you like about watsons game that you didnt like about baker mayfields?

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

its going to come down for you for that question

If we're going based upon who was taken at 12, yes.

but its been leaked that they would have taken hooker.  watson wasnt in that question.

It was leaked that Hue admitted last year (as did Sashi) that Watson was #1 on their board at #12, but Hue pushed for a position player, the highest remaining of which was Hooker.

hooker or peppers & ward

Hooker/Watson or Peppers and Ward, depending on how you view the above information on what both Sashi and Hue said.

what did you like about watsons game that you didnt like about baker mayfields?

He dominated against the best defense in the nation 2 consecutive years. He was very accurate, made some WOW throws in tight windows against Alabama, has a winning attitude with every intangible known to man, graduated in 3 years, and is a playbook savant. I also like his 6'3 and 220 pound frame and athleticism, both of which are superior to Mayfield's. Just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we're going based upon who was taken at 12, yes.

It was leaked that Hue admitted last year (as did Sashi) that Watson was #1 on their board at #12, but Hue pushed for a position player, the highest remaining of which was Hooker.

Hooker/Watson or Peppers and Ward, depending on how you view the above information on what both Sashi and Hue said.

He dominated against the best defense in the nation 2 consecutive years. He was very accurate, made some WOW throws in tight windows against Alabama, has a winning attitude with every intangible known to man, graduated in 3 years, and is a playbook savant. I also like his 6'3 and 220 pound frame and athleticism, both of which are superior to Mayfield's. Just my opinion.

baker dominated against ohio state, TCU on big stage, and did OK against georgia last year.
Watson didn't do so well against ohio state in 2016 but did dominate alabama.

everything up until the frame and athleticism can be applied to baker outside of the spurious time to matriculation which I dont really care about.  

Just now, mistakey said:

baker dominated against ohio state,

He definitely did this year. He definitely didn't in 2016. I'd also love to have seen what OSU would have done if that game wasn't the 2nd of the season with a very young defensive team, but he definitely dismantled it, as did Indiana the week prior.

Just now, mistakey said:

TCU on big stage,

They were 19th in total defense. Not bad.

Just now, mistakey said:

and did OK against georgia last year.

Good first half, bad second half. He also got dinged, which could be an outlier, and it could be cause for concern against a physically aggressive, NFL style defense, that hurt his smallish frame.

Just now, mistakey said:

Watson didn't do so well against ohio state in 2016

He threw 2 bad INT, but he still accounted for 3 TD, over 250 yards passing, and almost 60 rushing yards.

Just now, mistakey said:

but did dominate alabama.

Twice

Just now, mistakey said:

everything up until the frame and athleticism can be applied to baker outside of the spurious time to matriculation which I dont really care about.  

I care about physical measurements to a degree. I guess that I'm a size believe at the QB position and believe others like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson to be outliers, who were also drafted in the 2nd/3rd round and not #1 overall. I hope Mayfield proves me wrong.

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed. 

It’s hilarious when folks crap on Peppers but defend the coaching staff when it was the coaching staff who took a box player and played him 25 yards from the LOS.

If the coaches decided to keep him as an FS, I might be questioning peppers and the coaching staff. There is a reason the entire secondary is being replaced besides Peppers.

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed. 

We didn't have a FS on our roster.  I dont think it was ideal they had no choice.

12 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

We didn't have a FS on our roster.  I dont think it was ideal they had no choice.

The one game we played Kai at FS, he looked infinitely better than Jabrill at FS

I dont blame Peppers becase he definitely shouldnt have been put in that position

Archived