Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

16 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Back to Ward 

imo he's a better prospect than Chubb, will see more playing time than Chubb and fills a gigantic need. I don't see why anyone would have an issue with the pick. 

Lock down corner.

Mentioned this in another thread, but I felt the relevance was appropriate for this one so I'm bringing it up here too...

The new MMQB article was loaded with insight into the Browns, including this Ward pick. Dorsey called up Gregg Williams and handed the phone to Peter King so he could ask Gregg why he picked Ward over Chubb himself. Williams basically stated that this teams needs a lockdown corner in order for Myles and Emmanuel to thrive. Because when receivers aren't open, a QB is either gonna make a stupid throw, or not throw at all, more time to get to the QB. It's kinda the opposite school of thought to DE's being the most important position on defense. The fact is, they work hand in hand. As of this offseason, our pass rushers had far more potential than our secondary. With Ward thrown into the mix, as well as our offseason acquisitions, both position groups will improve mutually. 

14 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Mentioned this in another thread, but I felt the relevance was appropriate for this one so I'm bringing it up here too...

The new MMQB article was loaded with insight into the Browns, including this Ward pick. Dorsey called up Gregg Williams and handed the phone to Peter King so he could ask Gregg why he picked Ward over Chubb himself. Williams basically stated that this teams needs a lockdown corner in order for Myles and Emmanuel to thrive. Because when receivers aren't open, a QB is either gonna make a stupid throw, or not throw at all, more time to get to the QB. It's kinda the opposite school of thought to DE's being the most important position on defense. The fact is, they work hand in hand. As of this offseason, our pass rushers had far more potential than our secondary. With Ward thrown into the mix, as well as our offseason acquisitions, both position groups will improve mutually. 

@BleedTheClock

just tagging you on this because in the article @MistaBohmbastic Is talking about has Greg Williams in it being quoted as him stating that he believes they run the most press out of any team in the league. Just thought of you because we were discussing similar stuff yesterday

Here is the link to the article 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/30/baker-mayfield-cleveland-browns-draft-mmqb-peter-king

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

@BleedTheClock

just tagging you on this because in the article @MistaBohmbastic Is talking about has Greg Williams in it being quoted as him stating that he believes they run the most press out of any team in the league. Just thought of you because we were discussing similar stuff yesterday

Here is the link to the article 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/30/baker-mayfield-cleveland-browns-draft-mmqb-peter-king

Boy I don't buy that for one second. I watched every Browns game last year and our biggest problem was playing our corners so far off the ball. We got dink n dunked to death. Like...every game. All game long. I don't have the statistics to back it up, but I would all but guarantee you that we were in the bottom 5 in terms of how often we were in press coverage.

51 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Boy I don't buy that for one second. I watched every Browns game last year and our biggest problem was playing our corners so far off the ball. We got dink n dunked to death. Like...every game. All game long. I don't have the statistics to back it up, but I would all but guarantee you that we were in the bottom 5 in terms of how often we were in press coverage.

I bet he just wants to incorporate press more frequently with Ward in the mix.

Archived