Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

People act like having an opinion that differs from what we did means a guy hates a pick and thinks he will fail. It’s okay not to have the same board. Darnold/Chubb would have been my picks at 1/4. Does not mean if Ward/Mayfield are good, everyone that would have made those picks has to eat crow at a later date.

So much this.

What’s the point of the board if not to discus this stuff and share opinions?  

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I get that, but he did very well against Simmie Cobbs, who was raping OSU until Ward was on him.

QB play at IU isn’t what Ward will see in the league though.

And think about how many teams just throw deep shot moon balls to WR's all game long. That doesn't really exist.

It’s not just that, but being able to outmuscle and body up smaller guys on red zone fades, slants, etc.

It's a fear that we all have, but we always get beat by route running or by having to play 10 yards off our man b/c of speed deficiencies.

I prefer to think scheme deficiencies, but I get your point.

That's what kills us, not size. Briean Boddy-Calhoun is 2 inches shorter than Denzel Ward and didn't get mossed by anyone this year.

As a nickel back though.

I know having a lengthy corner allows you to get more hands on footballs and whatnot, but I don't see NFL teams looking at Ward and going, "ok, let's put our bigger WR on him and throw it up" as a game plan.  I hope they do though, because they're throwing away downs.

I agree.

What Ward is going to do for this team is make everything difficult for QB's and WR's. There is no easy yardage available with Ward on you because he squeezes into your frame and doesn't leave it. Gone are the days of opposing WR's having enough cushion to do jumping jacks before catching the ball underneath and getting 4-5 yards. Ward can play 2-3 yards off the WR in Cover 3, which is insanely hard to do. You are eliminating space with this pick. Any WR he is on is going to have to rely on pinpoint accuracy from the QB if they want a completion.

I agree with this, and I’m not pissed about the pick, just voicing some concerns.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So much this.

What’s the point of the board if not to discus this stuff and share opinions?  

Well you and NateDawg are completely different animals and at least myself and I know some others have not said anything about you hating on the picks or being negative nellies. The majority of the whinny -biblical donkey- -female dogs- the last 16-18 hours are haters and are hating on the picks and have already written them off as failures.

Obviously I cannot speak for everyone on my side of the fence but there is a reason why I never tagged your or Natedawg in any of my post calling on those whinners.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Well you and NateDawg are completely different animals and at least myself and I know some others have not said anything about you hating on the picks or being negative nellies. The majority of the whinny -biblical donkey- -female dogs- the last 16-18 hours are haters and are hating on the picks and have already written them off as failures.

Obviously I cannot speak for everyone on my side of the fence but there is a reason why I never tagged your or Natedawg in any of my post calling on those whinners.

O so you mean bruce lol.

He’s a funny guy, but he’s a walking raincloud.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

O so you mean bruce lol.

He’s a funny guy, but he’s a walking raincloud.

We should have a resident rain-cloud poll with the "Johnny Award" (Randy Quaid from Major League)

HatefulEmptyEuropeanfiresalamander-max-1

We should vote on it just like the Hall of Fame voting. Bruce, Scrabble, and others are welcome.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As a nickel back though.

BBC played outside a lot last year. Had no issues with giants. I really don't think size is that important unless you're built like a toothpick and not physical as a result. Ward is plenty physical. I bet he becomes a top 10 cornerback in the NFL, if not the premier cornerback in the NFL. I am really high on him, but it's not because we drafted him. I've been saying he's a top 3 player in the draft dating back to December.

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

BBC played outside a lot last year. Had no issues with giants. I really don't think size is that important unless you're built like a toothpick and not physical as a result. Ward is plenty physical. I bet he becomes a top 10 cornerback in the NFL, if not the premier cornerback in the NFL. I am really high on him, but it's not because we drafted him. I've been saying he's a top 3 player in the draft dating back to December.

No, I know you’ve been high on him.

15 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Yea, he was endorsed by Haslam, which by definition equates to being worth nothing.

I do agree that the 2 year FO turnover is toxic, but it just shows how incompetent Haslam is when it comes to hiring talented people. He simply hasn't a clue how to recognize talent, that is pretty obvious.

And Joe Thomas and John Dorsey.  He was the most qualified candidate we have hired in a long time and the next guy will have to be a relative shot in the dark.  Firing Hue after 2 seasons would have further cemented Haslem's reputation as an owner who does not let coaches stay long enough to succeed.  I get the argument to fire him, he has been awful, but it would have done more harm than good imo.

dorsey he was below average gm and did he even win 1 playoff game.

mahomes he was not good enough to make the rookie team

eric fisher number 1 overall is not even in the top 5  lineman from that year

mayfield smallest hands smallest stature playing behind a line that will yield 60 sacks statistics say he will get injured.

Ward I like him  just rather have dl chubb,ogbah, and garrett than draft oliver then reid fs stanford

Archived