Yo Denzel Ward

Bonanza23

Denzel Ward is an elite NFL prospect. I had him as the #3 ranked player in this class. So no, picking a CB, a premier position, with a #3 overall grade at #4, was not a bad pick to me.

Ward is literally the smoothest man coverage CB I have ever seen in college since I started evaluating in 2004. He gets in your hip pocket and doesn't lose you regardless of how herky-jerky your route is or how fast you are. He has hops. He can go up and contest jump balls against bigger WR's, and what offense have you ever seen just play jump ball to big guys down the field all game long? It doesn't happen. Plus, Ward will take your freaking soul in the run game and out in the flat. He's a complete player. Marcus Lattimore was a little bigger, but Ward is a better technician, a slightly better athlete, and is much more physical.

We literally got two perfect players in every way other than height.

Oh, and Bradley Chubb was overrated and not even better than our 22 and 24 year old starting DE's. No thanks to that land mine. With Saquon off the board at #4, Ward was not only the BPA, but also filled our most pressing need. Not sure how anyone could dislike this selection.

9 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

The thing is, who actually made those picks. Reid has had a huge say in who the Eagles picked when he coached them and I really suspect, he had a huge say in who KC drafted and that was why they fired Dorsey. I'd say, Reid made most of the choices as to who to draft for KC and Dorsey wanted other picks, who went on to have less success and that is why they fired him and kept Reid.

It was a classic power struggle and only KC knew who was responsible for what and they chose to let Dorsey go???

Look, I like both Mayfield and Ward, they are both very decent prospects, I just do not think they deserved to go #1 and #4. I strongly believe Darnold and Chubb were better choices, but I guess time will tell and we have Mayfield and Ward and will just have to see how it pans out??? 

Sir, your eruption of question marks appears to be entirely superfluous, and therefore, incongruous with the rules of grammar.

A period would suffice in both those instances.  Otherwise, an excellent post that I agree in part with. Except I witnessed this:

Elite cover skills usually don't come with all that nasty.  That kind of corner is not something we had here since early career Joe Haden.  Allows the defense to do a lot more than they could have had they taken Chubb.  For the Browns, Ward was the better choice all things (team composition, future contracts, etc) considered.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

The dude drafted Marcus peters and scot just drafted kendall fuller in the 3rd they’ve recently had some major hits I think they may deserve benefit of the doubt here

wasnt scot involved in drafting Richard Sherman too?

how about eric fisher 1 st overall

2 how about pat mahomes i believe he was the lowest ranked rookie qb next to kizer

3I would take myles garrette over both scott and fuller we fired the guy that drafted him

22 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Denzel Ward is an elite NFL prospect. I had him as the #3 ranked player in this class. So no, picking a CB, a premier position, with a #3 overall grade at #4, was not a bad pick to me.

Ward is literally the smoothest man coverage CB I have ever seen in college since I started evaluating in 2004. He gets in your hip pocket and doesn't lose you regardless of how herky-jerky your route is or how fast you are. He has hops. He can go up and contest jump balls against bigger WR's, and what offense have you ever seen just play jump ball to big guys down the field all game long? It doesn't happen. Plus, Ward will take your freaking soul in the run game and out in the flat. He's a complete player. Marcus Lattimore was a little bigger, but Ward is a better technician, a slightly better athlete, and is much more physical.

We literally got two perfect players in every way other than height.

Oh, and Bradley Chubb was overrated and not even better than our 22 and 24 year old starting DE's. No thanks to that land mine. With Saquon off the board at #4, Ward was not only the BPA, but also filled our most pressing need. Not sure how anyone could dislike this selection.

19 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Sir, your eruption of question marks appears to be entirely superfluous, and therefore, incongruous with the rules of grammar.

A period would suffice in both those instances.  Otherwise, an excellent post that I agree in part with. Except I witnessed this:

Elite cover skills usually don't come with all that nasty.  That kind of corner is not something we had here since early career Joe Haden.  Allows the defense to do a lot more than they could have had they taken Chubb.  For the Browns, Ward was the better choice all things (team composition, future contracts, etc) considered.

@mistakey @ditchdigger @TheeRealDeal @BleedTheClock saving the forum from themselves.

I just don't get how people can look at the guys we got and be this upset. Denzel Ward was never EVER going to fall out of the top 10. He's an elite prospect that would go in the top 10 in 95% of draft classes. I guess I can see getting mad about taking Baker, although I disagree with those people. But disagreeing on Denzel Ward being a good pick? That's ridiculous. What in his game concerns you guys? Can't wait to hear the responses so I can shut that down immediately Negan-style. Baseball bat to the cranium for all the haters.

27 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

@BleedTheClock I absolutely agree with you here. Guys with brains and bulges like you don't come around often. Do you have a paypal account so I can wire you some money? Your takes are so perfect that I can't believe I get to see them for free.

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I just don't get how people can look at the guys we got and be this upset. Denzel Ward was never EVER going to fall out of the top 10. He's an elite prospect that would go in the top 10 in 95% of draft classes. I guess I can see getting mad about taking Baker, although I disagree with those people. But disagreeing on Denzel Ward being a good pick? That's ridiculous. What in his game concerns you guys? Can't wait to hear the responses so I can shut that down immediately Negan-style. Baseball bat to the cranium for all the haters.

Read: they are completely fine with the Ward pick but trying to pile on because they're using it as one more attack on Baker & John Dorsey because he picked Baker. This isn't about Ward at all.

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

nice is that a good hair day for you

nice is that a good hair day for your mama nice is that a good hair day for your lack of proper punctuation ever

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Read: they are completely fine with the Ward pick but trying to pile on because they're using it as one more attack on Baker & John Dorsey because he picked Baker. This isn't about Ward at all.

I mean, @LETSGOBROWNIES and Natedawg both liked the Ward pick but didn't like the value when you compare other CB's taken in the top 5 as of late.

Archived