Pick #33: Austin Corbett - OL, Nevada

ReggieCamp

49 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I believe they will try him there at first and if he cannot handle it, they will move him to RT and if that fails, he will be moved inside, which is likely his strength.

sooooooo

where Bitonio/Zeitler gonna play?

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

so  your saying we just spent the 33 pick on Spencer Drango Jr?

They need someone to fill Joe Thomas' spot at LT and that is why they drafted him. However, LT is a tough position to play at a high level in the NFL and Corbett may not succeed there, but prove to be better suited somewhere else along the OL.

I like the pick, just not sure LT is his position.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If he’s just a really good depth guy I will be okay with it. Same deal with Chad Thomas.

Ideally your olinemen can play 100% of the snaps, you don't draft someone at 33 for depth outside of maybe DE/DT/CB/WR. This where you draft starters.  

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ideally your olinemen can play 100% of the snaps, you don't draft someone at 33 for depth outside of maybe DE/DT/CB/WR. This where you draft starters.  

And in reality Tretter and Bitonio have injury histories.

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Read that they 100% expect him to play tackle.

I believe he will plays LT as well. I think the browns are going to change the offensive schemes where the pocket moves. The QB sprints out and rolls out meaning less time that a tackle has to sit on a speed rush. He is also a stud run blocker, so they will hopefully run the ball a lot better. If they can have a stud running game. Running RPOs with Landry and Gordon could be deadly. Also add in a seam route by Njoku to open things up. Could be there ideal that they don’t need the truly traditional LT who can block for a 7 step drop for a majority of passing games. Maybe it’s why Joe retired that they told him they could survive without him because of their new plan. Now add in a QB like Tyrod and Baker who can scramble if a play breaks down  

just an idea

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I was against taking a LT this year. I'd rather focus on other needs and see how Coleman does at LT. But hey, if Corbett can become our LT of the future, then he'll be worth the 33rd pick.

Well no shi... lmao the question is does he have what it takes to be a LT? I’m not sure he does. He struggles with speed rushers and the league is loading up on them.

Archived