Day 3 Draft Discussion Thread

goldfishwars

41 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was going to give the Rams a D after the first four rounds, but they've redeemed themselves with the last 3 picks.

I give the Rams draft a B. Noteboom has the tools to be a good starting LT one day. He doesn’t have to come in day 1 and start. He will develop behind Whitworth and Coach Kromer will help him too. Allen, according to Mayock, will fit what the Rams do perfectly and he can learn behind Sullivan. He doesn’t have to come in day 1 and start. The Rams picked up anothe OL and a couple of DL guys which all are depth and possible future starters or big time contributors down the road. Kelly seems intriguing to help Gurley out and add to Brown. Kiser sounds like he can be an instant starter and a very good one. Okoronkwo I keep hearing Carl Lawson. Like if he can be the next Lawson then I think that would be scary on the Rams defense. So again the Rams get a B for me. A if you add Cooks in the mix. 

45 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For DEN, it's so weird - Day 1 and Round 4 were A+ days.    

Day 2 is normally an awful day for us - and we did miss an opp for great value with non-WR (Goedert, Williams or Oliver) at 2.40 then go WR 3.71 instead of WR Sutton 2.40 and  RB Freeman 3.71.   But overall Day 2 actually had guys who can play - that's new for Elway, he usually picks athletes who are learning to play football - and bust out.  So Day 2 is a B.

Passing on Crosby at 5.149 and Settle at 5.160 really hurts what would have been an A draft, I have to give those C- moves for who we've got so far.   So overall, I have to give us a B/B+ - it just sucks because I think we could have had a full A draft, it was there for us.  But it's also true a B/B+ draft for us means it's the best since 2011 or 2012.  Yes, Elway's really struggled since we became contenders.

I sadly like your draft quite a bit.  

Archived