2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

10 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I'm just not that enamored with the rest to have any issue with us selecting him at # 2, if that's how it goes. After Bosa, there's just a bunch of solid first rd talents that could go anywhere from 2 to 32, really. 

Feels a lot like 2 years ago after Garrett, hopefully we'll get a better one of the bunch this time.

I havent paid the closest attention to the QB class, although there has been plenty of attention on Murray. But what do you all think the chances are that Haskins/Lock drive other teams to start bidding for the #2 overall pick?

The way I see it the only teams that have the need to pick a QB @2 are: Washington (pick 15), Jacksonville (7), Denver (10), NYG (6) Miami (13) 

Then theres Pittsburg (20) who we are at some point going to discuss an AB trade with if we havent already, so they could have a theoretical shot at #2 overall if its like AB, and a couple 1st. 

It would be a dream to see the niners come away with a few future day one an two draft picks and still draft a guy like Ferrell, Sweat, Burns or Polite. 

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

What round do we expect Bryce love to get drafted? He'd be a great fit here schematically

If he does before day 3 I’d be mildly surprised. If I had to guess an exact round I’d say someone uses a 5th on the chance they can get the RB who played and produced two years ago.

4 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I havent paid the closest attention to the QB class, although there has been plenty of attention on Murray. But what do you all think the chances are that Haskins/Lock drive other teams to start bidding for the #2 overall pick?

The way I see it the only teams that have the need to pick a QB @2 are: Washington (pick 15), Jacksonville (7), Denver (10), NYG (6) Miami (13) 

Then theres Pittsburg (20) who we are at some point going to discuss an AB trade with if we havent already, so they could have a theoretical shot at #2 overall if its like AB, and a couple 1st. 

It would be a dream to see the niners come away with a few future day one an two draft picks and still draft a guy like Ferrell, Sweat, Burns or Polite. 

Giants at 6, jags at 7

9 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

If he does before day 3 I’d be mildly surprised. If I had to guess an exact round I’d say someone uses a 5th on the chance they can get the RB who played and produced two years ago.

Yep, I agree... Was he hurt this year?

Yea, not sure as to specifics but throughout the year I know he was hindered which limited production and availability and then tore a knee ligament in the last game of the season supposedly. Rough year for sure for him, Stanford’s OL wasn’t it’s normal dominating self either so that didn’t help but between size, durability; and ability to create on his own I think there’s too many questions marks for him to go any earlier than the 5th and even that is predicated more on two years ago and the thought he can get back to that.

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yea, not sure as to specifics but throughout the year I know he was hindered which limited production and availability and then tore a knee ligament in the last game of the season supposedly. Rough year for sure for him, Stanford’s OL wasn’t it’s normal dominating self either so that didn’t help but between size, durability; and ability to create on his own I think there’s too many questions marks for him to go any earlier than the 5th and even that is predicated more on two years ago and the thought he can get back to that.

I read somewhere that they changed their blocking scheme...it it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

^teams can trade these picks starting this year?

I read in the news forum that the Rams traded 'their lowest third rounder' for Dante Fowler. They knew they were going to get at least one third round comp pick and were smart enough to have language that allowed them to keep pick #31 in round 3 and instead trade #35 comp pick.

Doesn't seem like a lot, but it could make trading into the late 20s of the third round a lot easier, or could be the difference in a particular player. 

Their front office seems to be making some really good moves. Have to hand it to them 

Archived