2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually am looking at Bradbury as a guy that we may want to take. Would be a great fit in the ZBS...I had him on my short list of middle round picks I was going to use on the TCMD. Great to see that. He's a little older than I prefer my prospects to be, but I think he's a very solid prospect. 

Think he would last till 3rd rd? ( sure looks doubtful right now )

With now knowing our C was playing hurt, and looking at the IOL we have, I don't know that I like spending a rd 1 or 2 on the IOL. I think there will be a better defensive player or WR that I would prefer in the first two rounds. Free Agency will play its part.. and we'll see how things look in April. 

27 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

With now knowing our C was playing hurt, and looking at the IOL we have, I don't know that I like spending a rd 1 or 2 on the IOL. I think there will be a better defensive player or WR that I would prefer in the first two rounds. Free Agency will play its part.. and we'll see how things look in April. 

I would love Bradbury, but it seems unlikely that we will draft an IOL in the first two or three rounds just based off of the niners unwillingness to do it the last two years. 

But speaking of this, I did my own 4-round mock draft on The Draft Network, which is BY FAR my favorite site to mock on, and I controlled all 32 teams (I need a mad scientist emoji here). Here's how my draft shook out for the niners:

1. Nick Bosa EDGE

2. Kelvin Harmon WR

3. Chris Lindstrom IOL

4. Rock Ya-Sin CB

Side note, it was REALLY fun to draft for the Raiders and Texans, lots of picks in the first few rounds. 

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I would love Bradbury, but it seems unlikely that we will draft an IOL in the first two or three rounds just based off of the niners unwillingness to do it the last two years. 

But speaking of this, I did my own 4-round mock draft on The Draft Network, which is BY FAR my favorite site to mock on, and I controlled all 32 teams (I need a mad scientist emoji here). Here's how my draft shook out for the niners:

1. Nick Bosa EDGE

2. Kelvin Harmon WR

3. Chris Lindstrom IOL

4. Rock Ya-Sin CB

Side note, it was REALLY fun to draft for the Raiders and Texans, lots of picks in the first few rounds. 

1. Josh Allen EDGE

2. AJ Brown WR

3. Jaylon Ferguson EDGE

4. Jace Sternberger TE

38 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Until that I hear his stock is soaring and he's getting possible first round buzz like Ragnow did last year, I don't really move around the interior line too much. It's not a position that lends to overdrafting, and different teams have different things that they are looking for at the position, so the positional rankings can be a bit of a mess. Right now, it wouldn't shock me if he goes anywhere between late 2 and late 3, maybe even early 4. Just depends on the way that the board falls, etc etc etc. I think there's a good chance that he's there at the top of the third for us if we want him. That's where I was looking to draft him in my mock. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

1. Nick Bosa EDGE

2. Kelvin Harmon WR

3. Chris Lindstrom IOL

4. Rock Ya-Sin CB

That would be outstanding. Have to be skeptical over Lindstrom or Ya-Sin being available in those rds, but can't dismiss it. :) 

1. Hollywood’s weigh-in of 166 should worry a bit but DeSean Jackson was taller than Hollywood and only 3 pounds heavier. Hollywood’s playing weight is not 166, it’s more up near 180, I am sure. The dude is fast, an electric route runner, and a game changer, don’t overthink him.

Hakeem Butler is massive and we knew this. Incredible catch radius was apparent and he’s going to win easily with that at the next level. Thad’s why he’s a Top 10 guy. Now, he needs to use his frame better off the line and has to finesse off his releases and press.

Phil Haynes, C/OG front Wake Forest is a guy I would love to see us draft on day 3. He killed it during the NFLPA bowl reported as the best player by numerous people, has good tape and just weighed in well. I agree I think our first 3 rounds of this draft will elsewhere other than IOL but I still would like to see depth and potential future starters added there with how our IOL has struggled over the years.

Bradbury is high up on my list though, really like what he brings in every facet of the game.

I'm sure this is the standard for every season now, but I for one am not going to report any Combine result

(other than maybe saying "he looked good/bad")

before the televised actions hit the screen live. "Hey, that fatty can truck it!" 

Archived