2018 NFL Top 100 Players

Breesus mode

2 hours ago, Danger said:

The difference is Frank Gore was never considered Elite during his tenure. Everyone else I listed on that list above Calvin Johnson had at least a 5 year stretch were they were the crem de la crem and also continued to produce even after that.

Andre (2008-2013)-7,365  yards and 34 touchdowns

Calvin (2011-2015)-7428 yards and 50 touchdowns

These are theirs numbers when healthy during their prime (I left off AJ's 2011 season he barely played that year, if you want to add that in AJ has 429 more yards in Calvin during his 5 year run and 36 touchdowns). Either way, Calvin's five year run is not all that far off rom AJ, who you have ranked 8th. On top of that, Calvin had three year stretch (2011-2013), where he was undoubtably considered the best WR in the NFL, I am not sure you could say the same thing for Cris Carter.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So if one is already a HOF and considered by many experts as one of if not the best 3 Technique DT's to ever play. What does that make Watt? The GOAT?

I mean... maybe?  Longevity is the only thing that will stop most people from making the argument, but Watt at his peak was probably playing at a GOAT-level.  He was a 3x DPOY after all.

We talking DT or DE? See that's the difference between to two and why they shouldn't be compared in the first place IMO. A better comparison for each from this current group should be

Donald for Sapp

Watt for Reggie 

On 07/05/2018 at 5:59 PM, BleedTheClock said:

....so is it true that Isaiah Crowell was ranked #20 on this list?

If true, there is clearly no need to continue discussing this, as Skip Bayless must have made the list for clickbait purposes.

Lewan should be higher than 78

On 5/4/2018 at 3:57 PM, Danger said:

My criteria for "greatness" so to speak

1: The player must be considered "Elite" at their position for the better part of a decade
2: The player must play at a "high level" for the majority of the length of a career expected out of that position (runningback 10 years or so, WR - 13 or so, QB 15 or so)

The criteria for greatness is even higher than that of being in the HoF. We're talking about the best to ever do it, not just Hall of Fame. Calvin Johnson had number 1, but when his career didn't last very long compared to a lot of players at his position he doesn't fulfill my 2nd criteria. Calvin absolutely should be in the HoF, but I in no way can justify him being top 5 given the brief duration of his career.

Torry Holt doesn’t hit mark #2 and had roughly a dozen less TDs than Calvin and played 2 seasons more.....

so you spoke of another poster “arbitrarily” cutting it off after 9 seasons (which isn’t arbitrary due to the fact it was the amount of seasons Calvin played) but then you place an atbritrary amount of years on your criteria and then proceed to post someone above Calvin who doesn’t fit said criteria?

Calvin is AT WORST top 5. I would only put Moss and Rice above him personally but I could see arguments for Owens and Fitzgerald. And that’s it. 

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

Torryn Holt doesn’t hit mark #2 and had roughly a dozen less TDs than Calvin and played 2 seasons more.....

so you spoke of another poster “arbitrarily” cutting it off after 9 seasons (which isn’t arbitrary due to the fact it was the amount of seasons Calvin played) but then you place an atbritrary amount of years on your criteria and then proceed to lost someone above Calvin who doesn’t fit said criteria?

Calvin is AT WORST top 5. I would only put Moss and Rice above him personally but I could see arguments for Owens and Fitzgerald. And that’s it. 

If you're talking about 1 game, There's certainly an argument for Calvin over Owens, but there's no argument that Calvin had a better career.

Since you're nitpicking Torry Holt. Fine, he played TWELVE seasons, but he didn't have less than 700 ever. Had at least nearly 1200 in 8 straight seasons.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

If you're talking about 1 game, There's certainly an argument for Calvin over Owens, but there's no argument that Calvin had a better career.

Since you're nitpicking Torry Holt. Fine, he played TWELVE seasons, but he didn't have less than 700 ever. Had at least nearly 1200 in 8 straight seasons.

Holt (and none those other WR's you named) ever had the most receiving yards(1900+) in a single season or had the 5 200+ yard games in their "long careers" either.  

You're also not taking other factors into consideration either. Such as who they played with, the corners they played against, etc, etc. Calvin didn't have a run game or a top reciever opposite of him to take the pressure off and there damn sure wasn't many WR's in HISTORY who faced as much top talent at the CB/S position as he did either. Hell, just in his division alone.

48 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lewan is lower than a guy that didn’t even play last year. List has always been a joke.

There is no consensus for what they are actually voting on, that's the problem. Only the top 10 to 20 or so probably actually matter.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Duluther said:

It’s just a colloquial phrase that means “quite a bit better than.” I don’t think anyone has ever used the phrase literally. I don’t think for every impact Sapp made or could make, that Watt would double it.

To rephrase my statement, Watt was quite a bit better than Sapp. 

Cut the passive aggressive crap, you said what you said, just stick with it. If that's what you feel, stand behind it, don't dance around it.

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Cut the passive aggressive crap, you said what you said, just stick with it. If that's what you feel, stand behind it, don't dance around it.

No, I simply didn’t think I needed to explain the phrase to someone, so I felt t was an apt phrase to use. I do stand by what I said: Watt is a much better player than Sapp ever wish he was.

18 hours ago, Danger said:

I would argue you could make that argument for a season as well. Owens has the better overall numbers but he also played another 5 or 6 seasons. As far as efficiency numbers they are pretty dang close in TDs per year, Owens beats him out by an average of about 1 TD per year but Calvin beats Owens out by about 200 yards per season. 

If Calvin retired because he couldn’t play any more or because he couldn’t play as a top level target anymore then you would certainly have an argument that Owens had a better career hands down. The problem is that is not the case. Calvin retired on his own terms and was still playing at a high level when he walked away. 

As far as holt, he played 11 seasons and the only reason I brought it up is because you put him on your list above Calvin even though he didn’t meet the criteria you held against Calvin and did nothing that significant in his career to justify being put over him. 

Archived