Browns exploring stadium options....

bosko1616

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Roughly 2 million people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Cleveland

We already have an Ohio Stadium, it’s where the Buckeyes play.  And eff that, I’m not paying for the Bengals and Browns absurd stadiums.

I have no clue.  I’d venture a completely uneducated guess of no.

We are going through it in Christchurch NZ. They want to build a stadium for 500 million and the rate payers to pay half. 400,000 of is. 

They want to put my local tax up by 5%

i always find corporate welfare amazing. You are a billionaire and you get the locals to pay for your expensive toys, and then charge them to watch the games so you can make millions of dollars. 

I'd like to do something innovative. Like...a hovering stadium. That way it could be in different parts of Cleveland and all over Ohio. One week you could have the game in Cleveland, then Parma, then Berea, etc.... I think it'd be pretty cool to have something like this. Given the likely cost of constructing something like this, I doubt we'd also have enough money to make it a turfed/domed stadium though. I was thinking about something like I pictured below, but with a stadium on the land plot:

Image result for super smash brothers sky map

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seeing as how stadiums like Lambeau and Soldier for 60+ years, yes I would be surprised.

Thankfully OSU has gotten almost a century out of the ‘Shoe...

You’re always gonna to have your iconic stadiums that stand the test  of time but even those ones get retrofitted to the point where they are almost an entirely new stadium, the fan experience is always changing so rapidly as he game changes that stadiums are almost constantly having to upgrade things 

13 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

You’re always gonna to have your iconic stadiums that stand the test  of time but even those ones get retrofitted to the point where they are almost an entirely new stadium, the fan experience is always changing so rapidly as he game changes that stadiums are almost constantly having to upgrade things 

Upgrade sure, but replace?  Soldier is no doubt different from what it was 60 years ago, but that’s happened over decades not just 20 years.

Late April fools joke? 

They have won like 1/4 games there since coming back. Fans have gotten behind this team more than the team has deserved. And now they want Cleveland to get behind a new stadium? Go win eight games one of these seasons, and if there are some needs then, let’s talk. Until then, those guys can go find a local HS to play at before we talk new stadium.

As long as taxpayers aren't footing the bill, bring on a new stadium. As long as taxpayers are held hostage by the lease, then they can go screw themselves until they put a competitive product on the field, let alone a winner.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Like I said, it will be a 30 year old stadium once the lease is up.

True and I believe that stadium and it’s designed was rushed so they could get the browns back. Imagine if they didn’t rush it and the Browns came back in 00’ instead of ‘99. They prolly still select Brown but maybe the year after they end up with the 1st pick again and get Vick. 

Yeah the stadium isn’t old but it’s not the greatest stadium. It wasn’t very expensive I believe compared to stadiums back then and it was simplistic to be built quickly.

To me it comes down to how much money Jimmy is willing to put in of his own money

Archived