Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I mean.. it doesn't matter because inner division games net to .500

your team is .500 in non-division games, and our division is .625

like I said, it's all such a small sample size that is it pointless to discuss, but your argument is irrelevant. You are just .500 regardless of whether you count division games or not.

I agree the argument doesn't matter with the sample size.

But having more inner divisional games certainly matters considering your division will always be credited for a loss. Where in non inner divisional games there is the chance for two wins.

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

crazy game for the Direwolves

had a good lead, 1st and goal from the 2 in the 4th and we throw an INT. Bad algorithm.

then BA gets a 4th down conversion, gets the TD, gets the onside kick, then elects not to kick a tying FG and instead runs the ball to end the game. Bad algorithm also.

I'll take comfort knowing that the luck balanced out that game.

You were up by 5 tho.

23 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I agree the argument doesn't matter with the sample size.

But having more inner divisional games certainly matters considering your division will always be credited for a loss. Where in non inner divisional games there is the chance for two wins.

There is a chance for 2 losses also though.

The real way to test a division is to take the total record, then subtract out all divisional games. You're still .500 either way, although getting deeper in the season that is likely to change

your argument might hold water if both divisions were 7-3 for example, but 2 of your losses were inner division.

but the fact of the matter is, you are 2-2 inner division and 3-3 out of division, so there is no merit to the "inner division losses" argument at this point in the season.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Aaron Donald [2 GS]: 14 tackles (2 stuffs), 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble.. 

Just real life Aaron Donald things. Your joy will turn into ashes. Weren’t you 4-0 last year? 

How long did you keep a 3-4 with Donald? We all said he'd best more in a 4-3.

And yes. Yes I was. I'm not delusional about my start, I've been fortunate with turnovers by my defense but can't count on that forever, and my third down conversion rate on both sides is worrisome. Still, a win is a win and always helps.

49 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

There is a chance for 2 losses also though.

The real way to test a division is to take the total record, then subtract out all divisional games. You're still .500 either way, although getting deeper in the season that is likely to change

your argument might hold water if both divisions were 7-3 for example, but 2 of your losses were inner division.

but the fact of the matter is, you are 2-2 inner division and 3-3 out of division, so there is no merit to the "inner division losses" argument at this point in the season.

But there is no chance for a guaranteed loss in the case of a inner divisional game

Let's say we've played 8 games

6 were out of division. Two were in division.

We go 2-2 out and 2-2 in. Total of 4-4. .500 net win %.

You on the other hand play 8 games.

7 were out of division. 1 was in.

You go 4-2 out and 1-1 in. .625 net win %.

You inherently have less guaranteed losses due to the fact that you technically cannot have a guaranteed loss while out of division. As opposed to the fact that you will 99% guaranteed have a loss in division. 

Now if lets say we moved one of our inner division games to make them an outer division game we take away a guaranteed loss and change that % to at least 50% either loss or win.

There is a chance now that both divisions have a 4-2 record out of divison and now a 1-1 record in division. As opposed to the guaranteed 2-2 record we have and the guarenteed extra loss.

This argument does not matter at all, this is a just a debate regarding statistics.

Maybe we lose the out of division game and this debate is even more meaningless. But from a statistics stand point playing an extra game in division guarantees the net win % will hover closer to. 500. Where having less games in divisions gives the hypothetical chance of your divison hovering closer to .1000, or in turn .000

Archived