WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

All the respect in the world to the Rockets and their fans. They put a hell of a team together, and barring injury, they may have even beaten this Warriors team and been the ones to go to the Finals. As it is, things happen and sometimes it takes away from something special. Still a hell of a season, and who knows what's in store next year.

As for the Warriors, they did what everyone expected of them, which isn't an easy thing to do. They certainly showed some dings in their armor this post season, but enough for the Cavs to exploit? I don't know about that. Regardless of what happens in the Finals, I'm just going to sit back and watch some of the greatest basketball players of all-time play once again for the 4th straight time. This IS your modern day Celtics-Lakers.

Except you know, not as good.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

In times like this I like to point to a nice little quote from a Star Trek episode:

KIRK: There must be something to do, something I've overlooked.
SPOCK: In chess, when one is outmatched, the game is over. Checkmate.

I ain't gonna lie. We stacked. 

nerd 

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

I'd be so much happier if Steph took this angle and talked **** after they won. better to go up and be like "yeah we're the best, no one's stopping us" than talk about all the obstacles your super team has to face

I mean, they still have to work at their craft even if they're the best in the business. Maybe if it was Zaza saying that, it's be one thing. 

Rockets were held under 100 points for four consecutive games. All postseason the offense was a bit inconsistent but the defense was super sharp....and for the most part than rang true this series as well. Rockets were able to compete this series with their defense. Props. 

Hat's off to Kevin Durant. He stepped up and came through in Game 7.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

All the respect in the world to the Rockets and their fans. They put a hell of a team together, and barring injury, they may have even beaten this Warriors team and been the ones to go to the Finals. As it is, things happen and sometimes it takes away from something special. Still a hell of a season, and who knows what's in store next year.

As for the Warriors, they did what everyone expected of them, which isn't an easy thing to do. They certainly showed some dings in their armor this post season, but enough for the Cavs to exploit? I don't know about that. Regardless of what happens in the Finals, I'm just going to sit back and watch some of the greatest basketball players of all-time play once again for the 4th straight time. This IS your modern day Celtics-Lakers.

The Cavs don't play defense like the Rockets.

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its time for the Harden hate.....its amazing how most people place several guys ahead of him in the league, and then when he doesnt go all Lebron James on people, its proof that he sucks. He's definitely not  Lebron James. 

don't need him to go all LeBron James. We'd settle for him going all Eric Gordon or Bradley Beal

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

better team won, but we proved we can hang with GS. missing out HOF PG, it took one of the worst shooting nights in history for us to lose a close game. If that aint Hanging with someone then I dont know what it

Yeah I would say so you can challenge them. Beat them? That’s different. I think defensively you gave them problems quite a lot. Kudos to you because I didn’t see that coming.

Just now, Oregon Ducks said:

Boston fans so salty they bringing their team down to talk bad about the LeBrons.

listen we all know the cs sucked last night but let's not pretend the cavs played well, they just sucked less 

I share a lot of random thoughts, but I do want to be clear with something. I think the best team won. I think the Rockets almost beat them, and if a few things had gone differently, could have beat them, but the warriors were always the better team in this series. Rockets just seemed like they wanted it more, and I think they did, but talent took over. 

Archived