Keylargobrownie

Are the playoffs really out of the question?

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Every year the schedule is “brutal”

Its really just because we are a bad team.

Nah the 2017 schedule had the Bears, Giants, Dolphins and Jets. All of which were winable games by teams that finished in the bottom 3rd of the NFL. 

The 2018 schedule has the Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Cheifs and Texans as our out of division games.

The Browns are a bad team but its even harder to win games when 80% of the teams you play are perennial playoff teams or teams looking to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Edited by AkronsWitness

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nah the 2017 schedule had the Bears, Giants, Dolphins and Jets. All of which were winable games by teams that finished in the bottom 3rd of the NFL. 

The 2018 schedule has the Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Cheifs and Texans as our out of division games.

The Browns are a bad team but its even harder to win games when 80% of the teams you play are perennial playoff teams or teams looking to be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Going into last years schedule the Giants were projected super bowl contenders.

Edited by candyman93

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Going into last years schedule the Giants were projected super bowl contenders.

Normally in hind sight the schedules are never as bad as they originally seemed imo. At least that's how it normally plays out 

Schedules are impossible or predict.

Underperfromers, overperformers, injuries, etc all make these reviews of the schedule in the spring a complete waste of time imo.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Schedules are impossible or predict.

Underperfromers, overperformers, injuries, etc all make these reviews of the schedule in the spring a complete waste of time imo.

I agree, a part from the 2016 Browns talent wise we have been within reach of most teams. All rosters have strengths and weaknesses. Last year our worst player was our QB, seemingly irregardless of who was playing.
Last year we lost because of coaching and QB mostly. 

Playoffs feel like a stretch, but 6-8 wins seems very reasonable.

I think if Ogbah can't bring his fair share of pass rush the defense as a whole will suffer. Garrett will draw constant attention and it'll become imperative the others produce pressure for the rest of the D to hold up.

On Offense, it will really stunt the passing game if Flash is absent for any extended period of time. I hope this season is quite similar to Pat Mahomes's rookie season for Baker.

23 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

No just because of how brutal the schedule is. 

The Bengals and Ravens will most likely be pretty bad this year, though...

On 5/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, candyman93 said:

It’s dependant on quarterback play.

It depends more on coaching.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:48 PM, AkronsWitness said:

No just because of how brutal the schedule is. The only game that I feel like I can expect a win against is NY Jets week 3. If the Browns can get 6-7 wins with that schedule I will count the season as a success.

However, how in the hell do the Browns add. Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward, Demarious Randall and EJ Gaines and they only get moved up one spot to #31 still below teams like the Bills, Colts, Jets and Dolphins.

How can anybody who writes a column put the Miami Dolphins above the Cleveland Browns after all of the off season additions is beyond me.

Its because NFL writers and NFL analysts have no creativity.  If you look at the rankings, its almost identical to what the ranking was at the end of last season.  This just doesn't happen year after year in the NFL.  No one has the forethought to understand the off season does make a difference.