NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I just came in here to say this. How the hell did Osweiler put up 31 on the Bears? The guy literally has no clue where the ball is going everytime he throws it.

Because Fangio's game plan was to play loose and back and make the bad QB drive the field and hopefully turn ball over.  Conversely Gase' plan was to protect his QB and throw underneath, screens and run the ball.  Perfect for a loose defense.

So Fangio let them have long drives in hot Mia sun. While Mia sat in shade.  Team gassed super fast.  

Mia has bad players, but lots of speed. Give them space and a gassed D and they can kill you and they did.

It was a horrible plan.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:34 AM, dll2000 said:

I hate what ifs, but GB and MIA game are huge what ifs. GB okay, MT wasn’t ready. It was so close that something like IF Smith doesn’t hold out they probably win.   MIA game should have been an easy wIn.  I blame Fangio for that one.  I still can’t believe that game plan. If those games were wins it would change divisional picture so much.

MIN is still better team right now IMO. I say this with love; all Bears wins have been against easy opponents and SEA when they weren’t playing well.  BUT they have played better opponents very competitively.   AND they have blown out two of the easy opponents like a good team should. 

I think GB is out, SEA and MIN away is too much.  

For Bears they have to beat Detroit at home.  I would call it a must win in terms of winning division.  

Beginning of game day thread for Buf was kind of ridiculous.  It was so negative.  Incompletion for Bears or completion for Buf was sky was falling. Game was a blow out.  Shows where Bear fans are at right now. Years of losing has made them ready to believe worst at all times.  Some are like that at all times regardless. 

If you go back and look at early comments and offseason everyone just said they wanted a competitive team this year that shows promise for near future.  I would say mission accomplished already.  

Mostly agree. Being competitive was BEFORE Mack showed up and then he doubled down by having a historic start. To be fair, then he went down and we played like where we thought we would be. Now Trubisky is showing more promise which should (even without the Mack effect) put us ahead of schedule.

I just watched the Bears/Lions game and had to come in here and tell you guys that it was a very impressive win.  Your defense is good on all levels and I was particularly impressed by Trubisky.  I just don't get why he gets so much hate on this site.  He's a good QB.  He had a LOT of nice long passes against the Lions.  Not only that, but you've gotta love a guy who dresses up as Ditka on Halloween!  He's going to be a good one for the Bears for a long time.

47 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I just watched the Bears/Lions game and had to come in here and tell you guys that it was a very impressive win.  Your defense is good on all levels and I was particularly impressed by Trubisky.  I just don't get why he gets so much hate on this site.  He's a good QB.  He had a LOT of nice long passes against the Lions.  Not only that, but you've gotta love a guy who dresses up as Ditka on Halloween!  He's going to be a good one for the Bears for a long time.

Because, for weird reasons, it's nearly impossible for some people to admit they have made mistakes with certain football opinions. Skip Bayless probably STILL thinks Tim Tebow was a great NFL quarterback...

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Because, for weird reasons, it's nearly impossible for some people to admit they have made mistakes with certain football opinions. Skip Bayless probably STILL thinks Tim Tebow was a great NFL quarterback...

I do too, but that's a discussion for another thread.  :) I do think you're right on people on FF not being able to admit they made mistakes when it comes to Trubisky.  

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Because if you can't learn a new complex offense and come out gang busters with no mistakes or missed throws early in your 2nd year of football after a brief college career then you are obviously a for sure bust with no hope of ever succeeding.  - Hot take geniuses 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Because if you can't learn a new complex offense and come out gang busters with no mistakes or missed throws early in your 2nd year of football after a brief college career then you are obviously a for sure bust with no hope of ever succeeding.  - Hot take geniuses 

Yep.  Trubisky is only in his second year in the league AND he is working in a new offensive scheme.  It's going to take any young QB some time to adjust.  I'm just hoping he doesn't adjust completely until after Sunday's game.  ;)

I remember being really high on Fackrell and mocking him to us, and being pretty pissed to see him go to GB. He had a hell of a game last night,I'm glad it wasn't enough to propel GB to a win though.

As for Rodgers, his commercials are getting pretty good TBH. The one where his agent set a towel on fire in his bathroom cracks me up. You can see Rodgers is trying not to laugh.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:35 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  Trubisky is only in his second year in the league AND he is working in a new offensive scheme.  It's going to take any young QB some time to adjust.  I'm just hoping he doesn't adjust completely until after Sunday's game.  ;)

Don't say that in NFL Gen. If you aren't off to a Watson/Mahomes start to your career you're a bust, unless you're Goff. lol

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I remember being really high on Fackrell and mocking him to us, and being pretty pissed to see him go to GB. He had a hell of a game last night,I'm glad it wasn't enough to propel GB to a win though.

As for Rodgers, his commercials are getting pretty good TBH. The one where his agent set a towel on fire in his bathroom cracks me up. You can see Rodgers is trying not to laugh.

Don't say that in NFL Gen. If you aren't off to a Watson/Mahomes start to your career you're a bust, unless you're Goff. lol

I've said it a million times but Watson was so overrated as a rookie. The guy had 11 turnovers in 7 games. That's 25 over the course of a full season.

But I digress.

Archived