Jamaal Williams/Aaron Jones

Deekster37

I think Monty will be the 3rd down back. Jones, Williams, and Mays/Bouagnon will be the 1st and 2nd down backs. I still think Monty is the best short yardage back the Packers have, but has to stay healthy. If any goes down...they have some depth at that position.

Big reason why I’m real excited about the offense this year. Both guys are extremely talented and compliment each other well. Jones the more dynamic of the two, Williams the grinder. I really hope there’s more of a commitment to the run.

I'll take the 2003 backfield.  Ahman Green, runner and pass catcher.  Tony Fischer, pass protector.

Green, 1883 yards, 5.3 yard average.  15 TDs.  50 catches, 367 yards, 5 TDs.

Fisher, 40 carries.  200 yards.  5.0 average.  1 TD.  21 catches, 206 yards.  2 TDs.

total:  2082 rushing yards.  20 TDs.  71 catches, 573 yards.  7 Tds.

Jones/Williams aren't going to sniff those numbers.

As far as the current guys go...If there is 2 yards there, Williams will find yah 3.

If there is 10 yards there, Williams will get yah 4.

Jones...if there is 2 yards there, he'll get yah 0 or 1.  If there is 10 yards there, he'll get yah 13-20.

Different styles.  Williams is a tough dude who is impatient.  Jones knows how to work the play better.  Together I think they compliment each other nicely.  If Williams can learn patience, he could be very, very good in the league.  

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

I like the Jones/Montgomery combo much more.

Me too, but in 2017-18 neither one of them could stay on the fild to keep that combo going. Hopefully that can change.

I go with Jones, but I hope his injury issues of last season were just a thing of last season and he can stay healthy.

yeah I think it a Pats/Saints situation

Dual Threat  / Reciever / Bruiser

Pats: Lewis(Burkhead) / White(Vereen,Woodhead) / Gilislee(Blount)

Saints: Ingram(Thomas) / Kamara(Sproles, Spiller, Bush) / Pedersen(Ivory, Robinson)

Pack: Jones / Monty / Williams

The answer is Jones. He was a legit explosive runner on an offense that was filled with plodders. They need that kind of element in this offense. Williams is great at being a RB2 on this team. Nothing flashy about his game but is solid in all categories. Can grind out tough yards for you here and there and is sound in pass pro

I am hoping Jones can get his pass pro together, because he is by far the more dangerous runner oh the group.  Pass pro is a legit concern though.  I think a lot of fans underestimate how important the pass pro piece is for MM.

Williams is fine, but uninspiring.  Like him a lot as the backup, not so much as a starter.  Jones isn't exactly built for a heavy workload week after week, so a Jones/Williams combination makes a lot of sense to me.

Monty is Monty.  There is a role for him somewhere, but IMO he a not a RB.  The next time MM figures out how to maximize Monty's skillset will be the first.  That being said, Monty has shown that he can be effective at RB, even if he isn't exactly a natural for the position.

Williams is just "ok" at this point for me. Yes he runs hard but lacks the vision Jones has. Though things started to click for him late in season and he started running with confidence before he got hurt. Hopefully his late success carries over to this upcoming season I'm rooting for the guy. I'd still like to see a vet RB on the roster and Mays back on the PS.

Jones is way better, but he needs to stay healthy. He had two fairly serious injuries last year. Both knee injuries, I think. Williams came on at the end of the season. I think he is better than his YPC suggests, because he had such a slow start, and they continually ran him into the teeth of the defense. I think Montgomery is mostly a gadget player, unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

His RB rookie year.

He had one rookie year.  Otherwise, Charles Woodson was a rookie in his first year back in Oakland.  A rookie is a rookie.  I get what you're saying, but it doesn't work like that.

Archived