Preseason Overreaction Thread

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Problem with that is he made a few throws that weren't QB friendly

the type that breakdown, and instead of panicking and throwing an INT, he either made the accurate throw, scrambled or threw it away

Yes, he made a few. It doesn't mean it's not a qb friendly offense. It definitely is. He also threw a few near ints and missed a few gimme throws the last couple of weeks. My point is that you take the good with the bad, though with rookies especially people like to talk about the good because well... they're rookies. I remember a few years ago when the Raiders forum was salivating after Carr's preseason game vs the Seahawks despite Carr throwing some bad near INTs and missing throws.

Scramble plays and improvisations usually don't define an offense, unless you're russell wilson or aaron rodgers. For what it's worth, I think Mahomes has some good upside and could be a good player in this league, but I don't think what I've seen so far in any way has definitively proven that YET. Alex Smith is still the best qb for this team... for now.

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Alex Erickson >>> your slot receiver.

Can't wait until he goes to another team in FA who actually utilizes him more on offense...¬¬

I've honestly not heard of him until now, was he not given a shot to play last year? Who was ahead of him?

16 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I've honestly not heard of him until now, was he not given a shot to play last year? Who was ahead of him?

He's our punt/kick off return guy.  Did a great job at it the second half of the season.  He's showing well as a slot receiver in the preseason this year (and in spot duty last season), but he probably won't see the field much on offense with AJ Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Brandon LaFell, Eifert, etc... ahead of him.  Which is unfortunate because he has a lot of potential...

14 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

He's our punt/kick off return guy.  Did a great job at it the second half of the season.  He's showing well as a slot receiver in the preseason this year (and in spot duty last season), but he probably won't see the field much on offense with AJ Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Brandon LaFell, Eifert, etc... ahead of him.  Which is unfortunate because he has a lot of potential...

Wow he lead the league last year in kickoff return yards, thats pretty impressive. I felt similarly about Julian Edelman back in the day when we still had guys like Randy Moss, Wes Welker, etc. 

Archived