Preseason Overreaction Thread

bucsfan333

Bucsfan333 - you pretty much have proved the point of this thread. Saying anyone is a lock for anything at this point of the season is ludicrous. Way way too much football yet to be played and way too much can happen.

I will reference our own situation in Cleveland. No secret that the Browns have struggled for 17 years to find a QB. Deshone Kizer had a good GAME Thursday night - as in singular, one game. It was a game both teams were trying to win, but the game didn't count, and it was with the bottom third of the roster players.

Was I happy he did well? Of course. But for the two "wow" plays he had, they were several plays where he either held the ball way too long, telegraphed the pass, or tried to squeeze it in where he should he chucked it up into Row F. These are correctable mistakes. They will be fixed over time. He is the eventual starter - just not today.

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Bucsfan333 - you pretty much have proved the point of this thread. Saying anyone is a lock for anything at this point of the season is ludicrous. Way way too much football yet to be played and way too much can happen.

I will reference our own situation in Cleveland. No secret that the Browns have struggled for 17 years to find a QB. Deshone Kizer had a good GAME Thursday night - as in singular, one game. It was a game both teams were trying to win, but the game didn't count, and it was with the bottom third of the roster players.

Was I happy he did well? Of course. But for the two "wow" plays he had, they were several plays where he either held the ball way too long, telegraphed the pass, or tried to squeeze it in where he should he chucked it up into Row F. These are correctable mistakes. They will be fixed over time. He is the eventual starter - just not today.

The point is to say stupid overreactions....

Archived