Jared Goff

rocky_rams

Can't he just be Jarad Goff? The guy who people thought was a bust 1 year. Then the guy who was only successful cause Mcvay coached him, maybe a little underrated but wasn't the best by any means. Now the guy who is playing like a pro NFL QB should? 

3 seasons, 1 bad, 1 above average and 1 really good so far. Win some MVPs and some Superbowls then I'll be impressed.

Edit: I'm a Rams fan by the way. And I'm very pumped. But I ain't crowning no one yet. Lots of football left boys.

The real test will be when he gets the big contract and the team around him isn't nearly as stacked.  McVay is a damn genius and Goff is playing great on a loaded offense.  Lots of credit to the GM for assembling this squad.  

I must say I was never really a Goff fan thought he would be pretty average but a few of those throws when big time against MIN and not just a McVay scheme or a screen taken for 60 yards.  

I am highly impressed at the moment.

On 5/25/2018 at 12:34 AM, rocky_rams said:

Reminds me of Peyton Manning 

Gosh, I don't know-  always reminds me of Ryan Gosling. Although maybe it's still too early in Jared's career to make such lofty claims. Maybe we ought to pump the brakes on this one until he's got a few more acting credits. I mean, Half NelsonLa La Land?  Blade Runner Stupid Remake? I'd say Jared's got a ways to go just yet!

Image result for Ryan Gosling Jared Goff

1 hour ago, bzane said:

Gosh, I don't know-  always reminds me of Ryan Gosling. Although maybe it's still too early in Jared's career to make such lofty claims. Maybe we ought to pump the brakes on this one until he's got a few more acting credits. I mean, Half NelsonLa La Land?  Blade Runner Stupid Remake? I'd say Jared's got a ways to go just yet!

It's these threads where we need @bzane, and he didn't disappoint.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So, we've had Manning and now Rodgers comparisons. I think this is a very balanced, measured and intelligent discussion. I'm learning a lot.

thats not a bad comparison.

in fact, if you take all the best aspects of Manning and Rodgers in their primes, and combine them together, thats a good approximation of Goff right now.

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

The real test will be when he gets the big contract and the team around him isn't nearly as stacked.  McVay is a damn genius and Goff is playing great on a loaded offense.  Lots of credit to the GM for assembling this squad.  

I must say I was never really a Goff fan thought he would be pretty average but a few of those throws when big time against MIN and not just a McVay scheme or a screen taken for 60 yards.  

I am highly impressed at the moment.

This is a fair point. When the talent around him starts erode we'll learn what he really is. For what I've seen so far he looks really advanced. I'm certainly impressed.

13 hours ago, bzane said:

Doesn't have the weird slightly misaligned eyes Gosling has though, which is a point in his favor.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

So, we've had Manning and now Rodgers comparisons. I think this is a very balanced, measured and intelligent discussion. I'm learning a lot.

It's still early but it is a legit comparison (Rodgers anyhow). Peyton I don't agree with that assessment at all. Maybe later on in his career if he can become a coach on the field and get on his level as a true leader but right now....no. 

Goff has the confidence in his throws, the accuracy, the touch, the footwork, the ability to pre-read defenses and even his legs when he needs them. That's sounds alot like Rodgers to me.  

The only things Goff don't have yet that Rodgers does (which were obtained later on in his career) is better understanding of the game, manipulating the pocket and improvising when his protection breaks down. 

Archived