The Travel Thread

1 hour ago, eagles26 said:

I second the Glass Beach suggestion from @N4L. If you're at all interested in seeing some redwoods, Humboldt Redwoods State Park and Muir Woods are both beautiful (the former being more low-key than the latter). It's a little off 101, but the Black Sand Beach at King Range is also worth a side-trip.

I did this drive (in reverse) a couple years ago and it's beyond gorgeous. The whole coast is, really.

Is Glass Beach Fort Bragg? Won't be driving north of SF unfortunately. 

On 1/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, N4L said:

Argentina >>>>>> 

It's very very cheap. Flights are expensive but i was in Palermo (the best part of buenos Aires) and it was very reasonable. Palermo fits to a T what you are looking for

Much much cheaper than Costa Rica

I could elaborate lol

Sure, i'd love to hear more about Argentina.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

going to london in a few weeks is there anything i should know?

There are lots of places to eat and drink but as you're American you'll end up in Five Guys, Starbucks, McDonalds.

• If you're going to the Natural History Museum and Science Museum (they are pretty much next door to each other) do it at around 2pm once everyone else has gone elsewhere.
  • The London Eye is rubbish so don't waste your time and money doing that. Go the Shard instead at London Bridge.
  • Nearby is St Pauls one way and the Tower of London the other. Both are worth a visit.
  • If you are going to go to Greenwich get the boat from Embankment or London Bridge as it's much easier.
  • If you're interested in the Premier League then West Ham are easiest to get tickets for but they are garbage.
  • Get an umbrella

Oh, and before I forget, the most important thing is to use the correct language.

To say hello to a gentleman you say: 'gor blimey guvnor'

and to a lady you say: 'alrite luv, wank me off wood ya'

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

whys that!

It's a glorified ferris wheel that moves incredibly slowly and the queues for it are abysmal.

Also, the views aren't that great from it as it isn't very big. There are better places to go. The Sky Garden is free (if you book) https://skygarden.london/

Edited by Mega Ron

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

The favorite thing I did in London was taking over 3 train cars with 50 other drunk Americans and singing the national anthem for 20 minutes on the way to Wembley stadium. 

Lots of dirty looks

We took the colonies from them and soon we take Buckingham and the motherland.  

Well done sir.

• Like 1

So me and my brother are planning a 3-5 day trip to Colorado in the summer. I used to go every year until I was young teen since I had family out there but now that I’m planning my own trip I’m trying to find inspiration on what to do. Looking like we’re flying into Denver then hanging in the area west of it in glenwood springs area and maybe south of Denver too. Looking to do white water rafting again and various hikes. Any recommendations on what to do and where to go and whatnot??

Edited by Tyty