Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Houston is easily one of the biggest losers of this year's offseason.

Seriously. They’ll still have the 2nd best record in the NBA, and be widely known as one of the 3 best teams in the league (GS and Boston are better) but losing Mbah a Moute, Ariza and adding Melo, Carter-Williams is a major step back.

I guess in this age where no one stands a chance against the Warriors, shooting for the moon and hoping Melo plays defense and plays efficient basketball is at least interesting.

28 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Seriously. They’ll still have the 2nd best record in the NBA, and be widely known as one of the 3 best teams in the league (GS and Boston are better) but losing Mbah a Moute, Ariza and adding Melo, Carter-Williams is a major step back.

I guess in this age where no one stands a chance against the Warriors, shooting for the moon and hoping Melo plays defense and plays efficient basketball is at least interesting.

The team that was beating the warriors 3-2 traded Trevor Ariza for James Ennis, MCW, and Carmelo Anthony. I think we will be fine. 

42 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The team that was beating the warriors 3-2 traded Trevor Ariza for James Ennis, MCW, and Carmelo Anthony. I think we will be fine. 

Yeah. Ariza is a usable player.

To people not realize that Melo is a negative on the court? The dude thinks he's still prime Melo. He's going to huck 16 shots a game on 40% shooting and suck defensively. I don't like this move for the Rockets at all. I'd rather not have Melo than have Melo on the vet minimum.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Ariza offers one thing the other do not...I'll let you figure it out.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Trevor Arizona is better than James Ennis. MCW, don’t make me laugh. Melo is done. He’s not a useful player anymore.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Has it been confirmed for 5 years?

Clippers forward Tobias Harris is set be a free agent next summer after turning down a five-year, $80 million extension offer from Los Angeles on Sunday, according to Turner Sports' David Aldridge.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/23/tobias-harris-clippers-contract-extension

Houston's window took another big hit today.

As for Tobias Harris, at first I thought he was insane but barring catastrophe he'll definitely make more next year. Cap goes up and teams will have more cap room.

Archived