Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Those Spiderman screenshots are deceiving, totally different times of day. If both posted a picture from the second screenshot, it's more similar than you think. Although PS5 is clearly better obviously. But not "miles" better by any stretch of the imagination.

Basically falling for marketing. Needs to be the exact same time of day in the game to compare.

PS5 version runs at double the frame rate while having ray tracing on. I think that's a pretty huge difference, but might not be to you.

EDIT: I thought this was the PS5 thread for some reason.  Sorry, didn't mean to derail.

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Someone posted a TLDR of CDPR's investor meeting. 

Basically, CDPR knew the console version was garbo, but bet on themselves they could finish optimizing and fixing it before release. They failed obviously. 

TBH, Im enjoying the game, but it would have been WAY better if CDPR had just but the game back in the oven until Spring 2021. COVID obviously hit them hard, and the Dec 2020 hard release did not do them any favors. Plus with Sony, Nvidia and AMD having serious hardware availability issues right now, people ended up having to run the game on less than ideal hardware. My 1080TI & 8700K handles the game well, but Id be enjoying it alot more on a 3080 + Ryzen 5900x/10900k. Im sure many people would have preferred playing this on a PS5 too.

Sad thing is, nothing is going to improve anytime soon, as the bulk of the CDPR team is on holiday until February. Good for them, but things are not going to get much better anytime soon.

Would have been a hard pill to swallow for them to push the game back again. PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game should have been scrapped a long time ago and a lot of this stuff probably wouldn't be as big of an issue.

There's a huge patch coming in January and a second patch coming in February, so they're not on holiday/break until February.

17 minutes ago, Starless said:

What if the game is like this because it's just what everyday life is like for Polish men?

See that's crazy. People are reporting stuff like this constantly and have like 0 issues with stuff related to game play. Most I've had is someone walking through a car instead of walking around it to get into the driver seat.  I've had a few times where the game has crashed, but it always allowed me to pick up right where I was at.

I'm playing on PS5 btw.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, rob_shadows said:

I play on ps5 and it's playable... Yes it does crash quite a bit but thankfully the game autosaves frequently so you're never going to have to go back far because of a crash. 

Personally I'm enjoying the game enough to deal with the crashes and other bugs the game has... Some people may not... Just depends on the person and how much you like the game. 

But ultimately for 45 bucks I'd say it's worth it... If you don't want to deal with the crashes and bugs you can always just wait to actually play it until they roll out some more patches.. Just because you buy it now doesn't mean you have to play it now.

I am playing on PS5 and agree with all of this. The game crashed a ton pre-update, a fair amount post-update, and now I know how to make it crash less (don't sprint for too long or drive too fast for too long, when it enters a new area and has to load a lot of textures quickly that seems to be when it crashes. I am limiting to maybe 1 crash every 3 hours now when it used to be at least 1 an hour. 

I am about 40 hours in. I was on vacation last week so I played a ton. I really like it, because I very much enjoyed the Witcher. The game in scale is disappointing considering the features they marketed, but I am still loving it. 

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Those Spiderman screenshots are deceiving, totally different times of day. If both posted a picture from the second screenshot, it's more similar than you think. Although PS5 is clearly better obviously. But not "miles" better by any stretch of the imagination.

Basically falling for marketing. Needs to be the exact same time of day in the game to compare.

It's really not just marketing. The PS5 is tremendously more powerful than the PS4 in pretty much every regard. It's like comparing the engine of a Porsche to a Civic and saying the only difference is marketing. There's a ton of difference under the hood.

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

It's really not just marketing. The PS5 is tremendously more powerful than the PS4 in pretty much every regard. It's like comparing the engine of a Porsche to a Civic and saying the only difference is marketing. There's a ton of difference under the hood.

Yes but I’m saying those screenshots were indeed deceiving and marketing. 

It does seem this game is almost all story based, and when you do free roam it’s pretty lackluster. The designers definitely designed it for the story. 

In my opinion, if you are gonna make such an amazing and vast world, Free Roam needs to be an amazing experience. This is what makes Grand Theft Auto such a tremendous series

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It does seem this game is almost all story based, and when you do free roam it’s pretty lackluster. The designers definitely designed it for the story. 

In my opinion, if you are gonna make such an amazing and vast world, Free Roam needs to be an amazing experience. This is what makes Grand Theft Auto such a tremendous series

Im confused, did people expect GTA: Cyberpunk or Witcher 3 : 2077?

Outside of Gwent, Witcher 3 had nothing but treasure hunts and notes to read outside of Main and Quests. I mean, Im not surprised CP2077 is Witcher 3 with Guns and Neon.

7 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Im confused, did people expect GTA: Cyberpunk or Witcher 3 : 2077?

Outside of Gwent, Witcher 3 had nothing but treasure hunts and notes to read outside of Main and Quests. I mean, Im not surprised CP2077 is Witcher 3 with Guns and Neon.

I’m a big fan of free roam based games, with a story if you want to play it. Not a game devoted to a pre-determined story that you can easily watch on YouTube. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m a big fan of free roam based games, with a story if you want to play it. Not a game devoted to a pre-determined story that you can easily watch on YouTube. 

You just praised gtaV...a game with a pre determined story you can easily watch on YouTube, lol. 

8 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

You just praised gtaV...a game with a pre determined story you can easily watch on YouTube, lol. 

Yes, but the main part of GTA games is always the incredible free roam, which Rockstar works their tail off. The free-roam in Cyberpunk is lackluster at best.