Cyberpunk 2077

Geek

On 12/10/2020 at 3:43 PM, Outpost31 said:

I’ve already done it.  Lol.

I’m not worried.  I had no problem with Mass Effect Andromeda when it first released.  If the gameplay/story elements are as good as Witcher 3 or close, I’ll enjoy it.

I got a 20 dollar coupon if I paid it off in full on the preorder, so it’s 40 bucks for me and I’m basically rich so IDGAF.

This is where I'm at. My priorities are storyline, characters, setting etc. I'm not buying a PS5 yet, so it will have to do me.

Been looking forward to the game for a while, but if 'unplayable' just means doesn't look as good, then I'm not bothered. 

You played yet?

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is where I'm at. My priorities are storyline, characters, setting etc. I'm not buying a PS5 yet, so it will have to do me.

Been looking forward to the game for a while, but if 'unplayable' just means doesn't look as good, then I'm not bothered. 

You played yet?

Yeah I’ve played it and I think they’re making it up.

I haven’t noticed **** for problems so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I’ve played it and I think they’re making it up.

I haven’t noticed **** for problems so far.

I mean, I think it just has to do with how easy it is to share any glitches that you find in games these days. One person has something weird happen and it's retweeted and shared hundreds or thousands of times, making things look more prevalent than they really are. 

It does sound like there are some legitimate technical issues with the game, but not everyone is going to experience them. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I mean, I think it just has to do with how easy it is to share any glitches that you find in games these days. One person has something weird happen and it's retweeted and shared hundreds or thousands of times, making things look more prevalent than they really are. 

It does sound like there are some legitimate technical issues with the game, but not everyone is going to experience them. 

I play on PC. It's not just people reporting glitches more often, there just are an insane amount of bugs. I myself have run into some sort of glitch every time I play, typically several times an hour of playtime. Almost all of them are small: Dialogue cutting out or popping up randomly. Indicators on my screen not going away. Random people T-posing throughout the game. Cars glitching through the wall. Random deaths from jumping off a ~one foot ledge (this has happened several times). Some of them are bigger than that (I once had to reload like an hour back because a mission I had done did not get marked as complete), but most of them aren't too bad. The game is without a doubt filled with bugs, there's just no way to argue around that.

edit: Game is still incredibly fun, though. And if you can get it on a newer console or even the PC version, I highly recommend it.

Edited by elevators_rule

https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-developers-are-sorry-the-game-is-****ty-1845875740

In an official joint statement the studio writes, “First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”

The studio added that it will fix bugs and the overall experience. The first updates have just been released, and there are more coming.

After the holidays, two major patches are coming in January and February, with details announced prior to release. “Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles,” reads the statement. While CD Projekt Red admits that these patches won’t make the PS4 and Xbox One versions look like a high-spec PC or Sony and Microsoft’s new consoles, the studio promises that the updates should help close the gap between old and next-gen.

There were reports that refunds were being offered to unhappy players, which the studio has now confirmed.

20+ Hours into the game now, and really enjoying it for what it is. 

Playing on PC, and the performance has been great. No crashes, and no major bugs. In fact, the only glitches I have had were 1 T Pose, and POV issue in a cutscene. Outside of that flawless. The only annoyance I have encountered has been wonky physics; like exploding trash bags and stuff. That and double tap breaking sneak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

At least the developers are good people, always try to improve their game, and even refunds. Reminds me of the No Mans Sky team who worked their tail off after initial bad reviews, and ended up as a good game. Same with Diablo 3, disaster at launch, but Blizzard made it into a very good game.

If this was EA, they would directly say **** you.

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

At least the developers are good people, always try to improve their game, and even refunds. Reminds me of the No Mans Sky team who worked their tail off after initial bad reviews, and ended up as a good game. Same with Diablo 3, disaster at launch, but Blizzard made it into a very good game.

EA would just eat the bad press for the first and then make a "fixed" sequel that they'd charge you $60 for 😂

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

They're not good people - they knew that this game was not ready for current gen consoles and that's why they hid it from EVERYONE before it was released. 

My current PC could run this, but I'm saving myself for when I get a new computer built (sometime between now and March), and this will probably be the first single player game I play. Don't care about concerns about PS4 or old xbox, upgrade to the next gen or get stuck in the past - it's advice that I'm taking myself.

36 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

My current PC could run this, but I'm saving myself for when I get a new computer built (sometime between now and March), and this will probably be the first single player game I play. Don't care about concerns about PS4 or old xbox, upgrade to the next gen or get stuck in the past - it's advice that I'm taking myself.

New Hardware from Nvidia and AMD is entirely vaporware. Never going to be able to upgrade.